imo beta free calls and text
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- No need to create a IMO account
- Ease of use
- Multimedia attachments supported
- Variety of accounts supported
- Layout is too sober (no themes)
- Can't sign up in accounts from the app
IMO Instant Messenger is a multiplatfrom instant messaging app
Unlike other similar multiplatform instant messaging apps, there's no need to create an imo account to use the app. You just have to sign in your personal accounts on Skype, Facebook, Gtalk, MSN, ICQ/AIM, Yahoo, Jabber or Myspace the first time, and integrate all those chats in a common account. Those accounts that you sign in and add to the app will be shown on the "current account list". Since then, you will be able to chat with all your contacts from different accounts.
The three buttons top bar allows you to navigate throughout the app. From "imo accounts" tab you will be able to add/delete accounts. It has to be said that these accounts must be previously created, you can't register for an account from the app. Then, the "buddies" tab, you will see your contacts from different accounts integrated, divided on "online" and "offline". You can add new contacts from there. You will be also able to change your "status". Finally the "chat" tab which shows the ongoing conversations.
Take in account that you will be able to send multimedia attachments (audio, video, files) as well as having voice instant messaging, from those accounts that permit it.
From "preferences" you can set the notifications (status bar, vibrate, lights, sound...), and the privacy settings (save passwords, auto start, chat history...), as well as the "look and feel" (chat font size, emoticons, buddy icons...). The layout is sober, what helps to the speed transitions between menus and the ease of use. We're missing though themes to customize it.
IMO Instant Messenger has been developed by imo.im, a promising developer who has just launched this app on market, but with remarkably success.
There are coming lots of this kind of multiplatform instant messaging app. IMO IM is offering though, some interesting features that can overcome others: no need to create an imo account, ease of use due to its simple interface and variety of accounts allowed. Great app.
With imo beta, users can preview and try new and experimental IM features. However, the beta app is less stable than the official imo instant messenger app. For the latest stable version, download our official app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imo.android.imoim.
We're actively adding new features to the beta app, so please send us feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We read every email!
* Free high-quality video and voice calls
* Share pictures, text and voice messages with friends
* Meet new people on the imo Network
* Discover news and content tailored to your interests with Broadcasts
* Create groups with friends, family, roommates and more
* Easily share and explore photos in your groups
* Multimedia attachments - audio, video, files
* Searchable chat history
* Support for Facebook Chat, Google Talk, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Jabber, and Steam
Permissions explained here: https://imo.im/android_permissions
- brand new user interface!
- improved navigation, ease of use and smoother transitions
- Şahriyar B. Favorited Dec 4, 2013
- Anna G. Reviewed Dec 4, 2013
- Shekhar P. Favorited Sep 8, 2013
- Universalbalu Downloaded Jul 17, 2013
- Gflorin_2004 Downloaded Jul 16, 2013
- theinhtay855@gmail Downloaded Jun 27, 2013
- Cissy R. Downloaded Jun 27, 2013
- Ivbgro@ gmail.com Downloaded May 27, 2013
- MANDOOO64 Downloaded May 27, 2013
I used to use this all the time. But with the recent update I can't scroll through a conversation with out it flicking back to the main menu. Far to sensitive and fiddly now days.
It get useless after update... Can't hide offline friends... Fix it soon...
Loved the app before the most recent update. Best chat app around, but now the way it works is not as efficient and is very cluttered. Not sure who thought this was an improvement,.....…....but its not.