imo free video calls and text
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- No need to create a IMO account
- Ease of use
- Multimedia attachments supported
- Variety of accounts supported.
- Enhanced UI
- Nothing special
IMO Instant Messenger is a multiplatfrom instant messaging app
IMO Instant Messenger developers keep it up. A few month ago, a pack of updates added new great features like group photo sharing, chat groups, chat history and an enhanced UI. Now, imo.im have announced that NFC and location sharing is ready to use. From now, IMO users can enjoy Near Field Communication that allows them to send their profile to another imo user (only available in some devices). In addition, IMO users can send their exact and nearby locations to their friends. There's even more: imo's new interface combines your chats and contacts into one tab. By simply swiping to the right you now land on the menu where you can view your accounts, preferences, search your history and find friends.
Unlike other similar multiplatform instant messaging apps, there's no need to create an imo account to use the app. You just have to sign in your personal accounts on Skype, Facebook, Gtalk, MSN, ICQ/AIM, Yahoo or Jabber and integrate all those chats in a common account. Those accounts that you sign in and add to the app will be shown on the "current account list". Since then, you will be able to chat with all your contacts from different accounts.
The three buttons top bar allows you to navigate throughout the app. From "imo accounts" tab you will be able to add/delete accounts. It has to be said that these accounts must be previously created, you can't register for an account from the app. Then, the "buddies" tab, you will see your contacts from different accounts integrated, divided on "online" and "offline". You can add new contacts from there. You will be also able to change your "status". Finally the "chat" tab which shows the ongoing conversations.
Bear in mind that you will be able to send multimedia attachments (audio, video, files) as well as having voice instant messaging, from those accounts that permit it.
From "preferences" you can set the notifications (status bar, vibrate, lights, sound...), and the privacy settings (save passwords, auto start, chat history...), as well as the "look and feel" (chat font size, emoticons, buddy icons...). The interface is sober, what helps to the speed transitions between menus and the ease of use. We're missing though themes to customize it.
IMO Instant Messenger has been developed by imo.im, a promising developer who has just launched this app on market, but with remarkably success.
There are coming lots of this kind of cross-platform instant messaging app. IMO IM is offering though, some interesting features that can overcome others: no need to create an imo account, ease of use due to its simple interface and variety of accounts allowed. Great app.
* Free high-quality video and voice calls
* Create groups with friends, family, roommates and more
* Easily share and explore photos in your groups
* Share pictures, text and voice messages with friends
* Meet new people on the imo Network
* Discover news and content tailored to your interests with Broadcasts
* Quickly search your chat history
* Simultaneous sessions on different devices
* Support for Facebook Chat, Google Talk, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, Jabber and Steam
"I’d say this is the best IM client on Android." - AppStorm
"If you have friends that use a variety of different IM services and you don’t want to have to switch between individual apps, imo will feel like a godsend." - PCWorld
“Android finally has a few good IM apps in the Market, but if you're looking for multi-protocol IM, it's hard to beat imo.” - Lifehacker
Winner of a Mashable Award for Most Useful Mobile App!
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/imoim
- New "People Near Me" feature. People Near Me uses your phone’s GPS to find people you meet in person so you can quickly add them as contacts.
- Support for Tagalog
- Other improvements and fixes
- Monlay M. Favorited 2h ago
- smsthn Downloaded 4d ago
- Mamadou Saliou B. Downloaded Nov 17, 2013
- Лена Downloaded Nov 10, 2013
- Erick L. Downloaded Oct 24, 2013
- Alaa K. Downloaded Oct 16, 2013
- Babureddymuli_2491624 Downloaded Oct 16, 2013
- Irwan M. Downloaded Oct 16, 2013
- антон Downloaded Oct 4, 2013
Why my accounts always suspended? I dont know what can i do to be with main account ...:-(
i hate points, and why, why both people need imo app to video call over gtalk/hangout
It should have a facility like facebook messanger
Many rong in voice and video call