IVONA Amy UK English beta
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Very useful
- Not a robotic voice
- It takes long to download
- It takes a lot of space
- Doesn't read street names
The app that will make your smartphone speak
This app will read aloud your smartphone outputs when you need to.
- Directions while driving (although it doesn't read street names)
- E-books with apps like Book Speech
- SMS messages with apps like Handcent SMS or Drive Carefully,
- System menu
- Many other speech-enabled applications
For installing the complete app, you need to download it in the market, register your mail and download the full app all over again (which will take forever to do because of the size), and install again. After all that, you'll need to change your Android settings so as to activate IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ and start using it.
IVONA Software created this app, along with six others in different languages.
This app can be extremely useful when you're in a car or simply want to rest your eyes, yet the problems mentioned above make it less appealing than it should be.
No more robotic, sythesized voices. IVONA for Android replaces the synthesized text-to-speech (TTS) voices currently available on your Android device with more natural sounding, accurate & easy-to-understand voices. Select from 13 different languages to find the one best suited for you. Easy to install one or several different voices!
IVONA is compatible with many of your favorite Android applications. With IVONA, enjoy:
☆ Turn-by-turn voice navigation so you can keep your eyes on the road (e.g. Google Maps)
☆ Have your ebooks naturally read aloud to you (e.g. Moon+ Reader Pro)
☆ Listen to online content, articles, PDF documents & RSS feeds (e.g. Pocket, ezPDF Reader, gReader)
☆ Change the voice on your virtual assistant (e.g. Jeannie, iris, Skyvi)
☆ Enjoy improved accessibility (e.g. TalkBack built-into Android)
☆ Increase your productivity (e.g. Driving Mode built-into Android)
Key features include:
• BrightVoice technology provides lifelike, expressive reading of all your text
• Clear & easy-to-understand sound – even in noisy environments
• A rapidly expanding portfolio of award-winning voices available in multiple languages, accents & genders
• Easy-to-install & use with automatic, free updates
Get started in 4 easy steps:
1. Install IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ to your Android device from the Google Play store
2. Select & install your preferred language and voice(s) from the Google Play store
3. Once downloaded, launch the IVONA app to complete your installation
4. Finally, Select IVONA TTS Engine as your default engine by navigating to Android Settings
Now you’re ready to experience world-class IVONA Text-to-Speech & IVONA voices on your favorite text-to-speech enabled Android apps.
This Free beta version will work without any limitations till beta tests ends.
We want to hear from you. If you have a concern, kindly email us and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
Browse FAQs: http://faq.ivona.com/?cat=1&lang=en
Visit us: http://ivona.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ivonatts
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ivonatts
Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ivona/posts
Languages currently supported:
* New voice data installer (IVONA HQ update required)
* Major bug fixes.
- Hariom K. Downloaded 1d ago
- XChuck99x .. Downloaded Dec 2, 2013
- Sandeep S. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- PCHANGALWA Downloaded Nov 16, 2013
- Shatabdi M. Downloaded Oct 29, 2013
- Salman A. Downloaded Oct 20, 2013
- David V. Downloaded Oct 17, 2013
- Suganes Downloaded Oct 16, 2013
- Dadson R. Downloaded Sep 29, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
I read the reviews and enthusiastically started installing until I ran into the following message: ""This speech synthesis engine may collect all speech, inlcuding passwords, creditcard numbers and other personal data".. This is not a joke? I can't see ho
Amy helps us know how to speak English language
huge memory needed but is probably worth it for the amazing voice. i would give it 5 stars if there was an option to save pieces of text as audio files as that would be so useful
Better than Google's and Samsung's TTS.
"Unknown error code during application install" Doesn't work on my Galaxy Tab 3.