IVONA Kendra US English beta
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Very useful
- Not a robotic voice
- It takes long to download
- It takes a lot of space
- Doesn't read street names
The app that will make your smartphone speak
This app will read aloud your smartphone outputs when you need to.
- Directions while driving (although it doesn't read street names)
- E-books with apps like Book Speech
- SMS messages with apps like Handcent SMS or Drive Carefully,
- System menu
- Many other speech-enabled applications
For installing the complete app, you need to download it in the market, register your mail and download the full app all over again (which will take forever to do because of the size), and install again. After all that, you'll need to change your Android settings so as to activate IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ and start using it.
IVONA Software created this app, along with six others in different languages.
This app can be extremely useful when you're in a car or simply want to rest your eyes, yet the problems mentioned above make it less appealing than it should be.
No more robotic, sythesized voices. IVONA for Android replaces the synthesized text-to-speech (TTS) voices currently available on your Android device with more natural sounding, accurate & easy-to-understand voices. Select from 13 different languages to find the one best suited for you. Easy to install one or several different voices!
IVONA is compatible with many of your favorite Android applications. With IVONA, enjoy:
☆ Turn-by-turn voice navigation so you can keep your eyes on the road (e.g. Google Maps)
☆ Have your ebooks naturally read aloud to you (e.g. Moon+ Reader Pro)
☆ Listen to online content, articles, PDF documents & RSS feeds (e.g. Pocket, ezPDF Reader, gReader)
☆ Change the voice on your virtual assistant (e.g. Jeannie, iris, Skyvi)
☆ Enjoy improved accessibility (e.g. TalkBack built-into Android)
☆ Increase your productivity (e.g. Driving Mode built-into Android)
Key features include:
• BrightVoice technology provides lifelike, expressive reading of all your text
• Clear & easy-to-understand sound – even in noisy environments
• A rapidly expanding portfolio of award-winning voices available in multiple languages, accents & genders
• Easy-to-install & use with automatic, free updates
Get started in 4 easy steps:
1. Install IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ to your Android device from the Google Play store
2. Select & install your preferred language and voice(s) from the Google Play store
3. Once downloaded, launch the IVONA app to complete your installation
4. Finally, Select IVONA TTS Engine as your default engine by navigating to Android Settings
Now you’re ready to experience world-class IVONA Text-to-Speech & IVONA voices on your favorite text-to-speech enabled Android apps.
This Free beta version will work without any limitations till beta tests ends.
We want to hear from you. If you have a concern, kindly email us and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
Browse FAQs: http://faq.ivona.com/?cat=1&lang=en
Visit us: http://ivona.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ivonatts
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ivonatts
Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ivona/posts
Languages currently supported:
* New voice data installer (IVONA HQ update required)
* Major bug fixes.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Choose Kendra. I have tried all the TTS apps and many if not all the different English voices. Kendra ( in my opinion ) is the best. I listen to a lot of large PDF files/books thank you IVONA !
I understand this is free and I appreciate it would be nice to have some male voices to choose from even if you had to pay for them otherwise great engine
Download stops at 80%. Tried different WiFi's from different houses again 80% then stops forever. Gave it 3 stars 'cause I'm pretty sure it's a good one. Please resolve the issue.
Very easy to listen to. I use it everyday. I give 5 stars, even though its not quite perfect because I find it 100% usable and I feel the developers are making huge progress.
I use the British one, this one sounds broken. Where are the men voices?