JuiceSSH - SSH Client
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Amount of features
- SSH management tools
- Several plugins
- One-off crashes in one-off devices
+ By Sonelli Ltd
The most complete terminal on Android
Sonelli Ltd's JuiceSSH is probably the most complete terminal on Android including SSH, Local Shell, Mosh and Telnet Support. It comes packed with a bunch of features that make all the difference: developer-friendly built-in keyboard, external keyboard support, gestures, multi SSH sessions alive in the background, themes, IPv6 support... and many many more.
Hands down, the amount of built-in features make it stand out, but also its user-friendly interface which supports multiple themes. The way it organizes connections by groups and the identity management are also killing features. It supports Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS and other Linux distros.
Sorry, we couldn't find any relevant. The app is simply awesome.
- Full colour terminal / ssh client
- Popup keyboard with all those normally hard to find characters
- Use the volume keys to quickly change font size
- External keyboard support
- Gestures for irssi, weechat, tmux and screen
- Community and third party plugins
- Official Mosh support (http://mosh.mit.edu)
- Telnet support
- Local Android terminal support
- Dark, Light, 80's hacker, Molokai, Solarized Dark and Solarized Light terminal color themes
For an overview of solarized color scheme and why it rocks for terminal usage check out http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized
- Click URLs to open in a browser
- Copy & Paste within sessions
- Save / Share SSH transcripts to Dropbox/Evernote/Email & SD card
- UTF-8 character support
- Easily organise your connections by group
- Keep multiple SSH sessions running in the background
- Seamlessly connect 'via' other SSH connections with one click
- Immediate access when you open the app to your frequently used connections
- IPv6 support
- Password & OpenSSH private key support
- RSA key generator (encryption supported)
- SSH key agent forwarding
- Support for two-factor authentication (eg: Google Authenticator)
- Identities (users/password/keys) are abstracted from connections. Instead of updating every connection when you change your password - just update the identity and any connections linked to it will use the new password/key.
- zlib compression to improve SSH sessions on high latency connections
Pro Features (optional in-app purchase):
- Quick and easy port forwards that can be connected to via the app or widget and can automatically open in a browser if required.
- Integrate with Amazon AWS / EC2, synchronise connections and automatically group servers based on their class or security groups.
- Securely keep everything in sync between multiple devices
- Automated AES-256 encrypted backups of all of your connections and settings
- A beautiful widget for fast access to either your frequently used connections, or a specific group (Android 3.0+).
- Team collaboration. Share your groups of connections with team members and start working together instead of separately.
- Handy snippets library for quick access to your frequently used commands
- Security lock to automatically protect JuiceSSH after a period of inactivity
For a detailed overview of this applications permissions and how each one is used in our ssh client please see http://sonelli.com/permissions
- Added option to not show SSH banner again
- Added support for diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256 key exchange
- Increased maximum Diffie Hellman group modulus length from 1024 to 8192 as per rfc4419
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Wish had an option to landscape view , sometime viewing log need wide screen ...
... that I ever tried on android. Yes, you have to pay some money but that is symbolic for what you get.
I've used many ssh clients on android and ios and this one beats the competition. JuiceSSH has a really good ui and can emulate a proper keyboard. It can also easily detect private ssh key files. If you want some advanced features like portforwarding through ssh, you'll have to buy the pro version.
I remember this being a great app. Just installed it on a new device. Have to uninstall. That shade of yellow should be illegal!
Great mobile SSH app
I had been using this on and off for several years. Whilst it works, connections would die regularly for no obvious reasons and leave JuiceSSH sessions lying around that needed to be manually killed. The limitations of the soft keyboard were also very obvious when I needed to use a control or alt key - it would generally take multiple goes to get it to accept the wanted keycode. As a result, I
Beautiful and useful.