KakaoTalk: Free Calls & Text
100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Backup Friends List
- Group Chatting
- Privacy protection with Lock
- Only 3 languages available: English, Japanese and Korean
- Need to face other similar apps in the market
KakaoTalk is a phone number based messenger service that allows Android and iOS users anywhere in the world to chat one-to-one or in a group for free.
There are coming up some messenger apps which aim is to improve the communication between smartphones users, no matter which platform they are using. KakaoTalk is on this track: it breaks down the walls between Android and iPhone users and offers them a communication platform to link both systems (Blackberry-RIM is not supported).
Kakaotalk allows you to find your friends by their names, bookmark friends, add new friends by ID, export and imports Friends List to your e-mail account, group chatting or multimedia sending, among others. It's available in English, Japanese and Korean so far. We are missing though more languages. Until that issue won’t be solved, it will be a burden to spread the use of KakaoTalk around the world.
The interface is simple but it makes it easier to understand. Actually it’s similar to Whatsapp's interface but a high standard finish (colored, good-looking speech balloons, larger profile pictures). The problem of this kind of apps is that it depends on the amount of people are using it, that's it, its spreading capability among the Android/iPhone users. The challenge of KakaoTalk (as many other similar apps) is to take the public and it will be by offering the best features and the most friendly-user interface (and if all of this is for free, even better!). In that sense, we are missing the possibility to link/integrate all these platforms, that's it, to chat from KakaoTalk with Whatsapp or Pingchat users.
KakaoTalk has been developed by Kakao, a Korean a startup set in 2010. Right now, Kakaotalk is the only application they have launched in the Android market, since it is trying to get one of the most competitive sector of the app market.
We truly recommend Kakaotalk as a number-based messenger service. Easy, fast and good-looking interface. Give it a try and if you like it, try to convince your friends to use it (since it won’t be really useful if you don’t have any contacts to talk to)
More about KakaoTalk:
★ Chosen by more than 130 million users worldwide
★ Fast, fun, easy way to communicate with friends and family
★ Uses Internet connection (3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi) for calls and messaging
★ Supports: Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows OS, Asha, Bada
- FAST: Speedy & reliable messaging no matter what your network
- FREE CHATS: FREE messages & multimedia (photos, videos, voice notes)
- FREE CALLS: High-quality voice calls (1:1 and group)
- EMOTICONS: Express it all with our included emoticons PLUS select from endless sticker collections in our Item Store
- GROUP CHAT: Chats with an unlimited number of friends
- PLUS FRIEND: Exclusive coupons & deals from your favorite brands
- VOICE FILTER: Fun free calls with Talking Tom & Ben’s voice filters
Other Amazing Features:
- Share your location
- Add friends using BlackBerry PIN
- See who read your messages (unread count)
- Multitask during free calls (send messages in other chat rooms)
- Schedule appointments, lunches, gatherings (w/ reminders)
- Use KakaoTalk on any smartphone and PC (multi-platform)
- Have even more fun with Kakao mobile games
Contact us at http://www.kakao.com/talk/en/contact
Like us at http://facebook.com/kakaotalk
Follow us at http://twitter.com/kakaotalk
• Fixed bugs
• Choose to receive game messages from friends only. Under More > Settings > Game Message Settings
• Added Do Not Disturb feature. Under More > Settings > Do Not Disturb
• Enhanced filters for photo editing
• New provided designs for your chatroom wallpaper
• Set notification tones for individual chatrooms
• You will now see applied themes on mini-profiles.
fun and exctng
add me ID: Christine7693 thanks :) no pervs please Im 20 F from Philippines :)
Why this is taking too long to open chat from kakao plus friend, i always have to wait around 3-5 minutes, i used wifi. Or sometimes it cannot be opened yet i closed it and the notif stays until i open it again. Please fix it. Thanks kakao.
I have limited talk minutes on my phone. Will I use my minutes when calling from this app?