With this app, users will be able to share information of the NFC tags and benefit from convergence opportunities. Many NFC related applications are moving towards NFC enabled smart phones thus enabling mobile payments, asset tracking, digital signage, access control, sharing of digital information, etc. Users will also be able review the data in a personalized NFC Tag and use this information to program their own tags. The analysis of the NDEF based command written on personalized NFC tags can be also be incorporated into their NFC based applications.
We have some known issues with certain devices. We generally classify them as with “Devices with NXP NFC hardware” and “Devices with non-NXP NFC hardware”
NFC TagExplorer on “Devices with NXP NFC hardware”
HTC One (Android v4.2.2)
- The device's antenna drops tags randomly. It reports "Tag Lost" while the read / write operations are being done. This may be due to low battery or voltage to NFC antennae not regulated or something else. We are still trying to understand the issue and would then report this back to HTC One team. We look forward to resolve this issue at the earliest.
- It takes a relatively longer time to read MIFARE Classic 4K due to a higher number of sector authentication and block reads. This has been noticed in all devices. Approx time is about 5-8 seconds to read the full card.
- NFC TagExplorer on “Devices with non-NXP NFC hardware”
Samsung S IV, Nexus 4 & Nexus 7
- The devices have Broadcom NFC hardware
- The Android OS displays the status for MIFARE Classic family tags as "This tag is not supported"
- We have defined a mechanism in our app to mute the MIFARE Classic Read / Write feature in these devices with non-NXP hardware.
App has been tested for error free operations on these devices: Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S IV, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and HTC One. While we test our apps thoroughly for errors prior to release, there could be some errors that cause unexpected exit of the application. If you find any such occurrences, please help us by providing a screenshot with some explanation about the tag being scanned and send it to email@example.com. Your assistance in helping us debug specific issues is highly appreciated.
Last Updated: November 01, 2012
Tags: nxp taginfo source code, nfc taginfo by nxp source code, nfc smart digital signage, nfc smart q, nxp taginfo sourcecode.
- Shift from all text buttons to visually appealing graphics for a new refreshing look
- Removal of auto-scan to avoid time out errors on certain phones / devices. Scan tags only after touching the “Scan a Tag” icon
- Provision of one button Turn ON or Turn OFF the NFC functionality of the phone
- “Make a Tag” page to make 8 types of tags & 9th icon for Copying an existing Tag
- Check the first byte of the 7byte UID of the tag for the global chip MFGR byte as per ISO standards.