100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @AppsZoom
Connecting with yourself is the key to effectively dealing with all the triggers that you encounter in everyday life -whether these triggers occur at work or at home, whether you experience them as being pleasant or unpleasant.
Maybe your employer gives you so much work to do that you begin to feel stressed and unhappy; or someone says to you, - That is the way I am and you better get used to it... - or a car pulls out in front of you unexpectedly and you brake suddenly.
In all these situations you can choose to connect with yourself in order to transform struggle and stress into harmony and inner peace.
A Check-In is standing/sitting still in the moment, getting in touch with what is alive in you now and connecting with yourself. The creators of the NVC Check-In app would love to contribute to your connection at times when you want to:
- step out of a vicious circle of recurring thoughts
- clarify why a particular occurrence has such impact on you and what you can do about it
- translate judgements you have about yourself and others into feelings and needs - and experience how liberating this is!
Using the colours of the NVC Dance Floors and pictures from the Giraffentraum (Giraffe Dream) Project, the NVC Check-In app gradually increases your awareness of what you observe, what feelings you experience, what needs (fulfilled or not fulfilled) are underlying those feelings and what you could do to move on and create something new.
The following buttons guide you. Press (repeatedly) on:
- O for your Observation
- F for your Feelings
- N for your Needs
- R for a Request to oneself or another
At every step you are supported by a list of common observations, feelings, needs and requests.
From this list you can choose from some common Observations, Feelings, Needs and Requests (OFNR, listed in uppercase) by (repeatedly) pressing the buttons, or you can choose from a more expanded list by clicking the selection and scrolling through the small menus.
You can also enter your own words in the empty fields below the OFNR suggestions, using your keyboard.
The sentence you make is updated continually and will be shown on the display.
For example, it might look like this:
- O: When I see in my diary that my interview is tomorrow,
- F: I feel nervous,
- N: because I need trust and acceptance.
- R (to oneself): Would you be willing, when you notice this feeling in the interview, to reflect on the experience you have accumulated in recent years?
Press Save to save the sentence. Here you can also use the phrase as a (nonviolent) tweet on Twitter or as a (connecting) status update / shared message on LinkedIn.
How to use the buttons at the bottom of your screen:
- Press (repeatedly) NVC in order to address the sentence to yourself or another person.
- Press Mail to email the sentence you have constructed to yourself or somebody else. An email screen will open in which you can customize and send the text. You might put a copy in your agenda app to have it sent to yourself every day at a specific time.
- Press Log to scroll through your history so that you can see what you needed before and what has helped you in the past. Here you can also delete entries in the log and email the entire log in comma separated (csv, can be imported in Excel) format to yourself.
- Press Apps for more supporting apps based on Nonviolent Communication.
- Press ? for information about how to use the app, for info about its creators and to redisplay the initial supporting question for an OFNR button.
Tags: nvc checkin, nvc, nvc check in, nonviolent communication, qr nvc, nvc in, nvc codes, nvc scripts, andrid nvc, nvc communication scripts.
Version 1.50 improvements:
- Additional feelings and needs to support your check-in,
- Turn off sentence scrolling, by clicking it,
- Reuse connecting sentence from log, by clicking it,
- Startup screen displayed readable (adjusted timing and size),
- Timer button added to save page.
This button can be used to periodically remind yourself of one of your connecting sentences.
Thank you all for your feedback, giving us a chance to improve the usability and contribution of this app !