100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Friedrich Schäuffelhut
OpenVPN Installer will try to install openvpn (2.1.1) in /system/xbin or /system/bin. Your mileage might vary depending on your phone.
Androids ifconfig implementation fails to configure the tunnel device correctly. So you need ifconfig provided by busybox. Try a BusyBox Installer from the market.
The path to ifconfig is a compile time option to openvpn and can not be changed at runtime. This installer includes multiple binaries with preconfigured ifconfig locations.
The preferred way to install openvpn is to put busybox at /system/xbin/busybox and then choose openvpn preconfigured for '/system/xbin/busybox ifconfig'.
Finally /system/xbin/bb is not needed anymore! I hope this update makes live easier for some of you.
Tags: android openvpn, openvpn for android, open vpn android, openvpn on android, openvpn installer android .
Recently changed in this version:
Fix an issue where openvpn binary using /system/xbin/ifconfig and /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig where swapped.
Last activity on OpenVPN Installer
- T Maverick Downloaded 1h ago
- catalinme Downloaded May 17, 2013
- kosmor Downloaded May 15, 2013
- pirsonbeark Downloaded May 14, 2013
- ajjacinto Downloaded May 13, 2013
- futureeternal Downloaded May 12, 2013
- jefp_sud2 Downloaded May 10, 2013
- Abhishek ghare Downloaded May 9, 2013
- odaiji Downloaded May 8, 2013