10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Highly customizable
- Runs smoothly
- No gestures to manage inbox
Outlook.com is the official Android app of one of the most used e-mailing services
Recently, Hotmail users have been prompted to upgrade to Outlook.com since Microsoft decided to unify both e-mailing service for all platforms. Thus, as it happened to the web version, Hotmail Android app isn't working anymore. Instead, Outlook.com is ready to provide an enhanced service in a triple way: simplicity, layout and smoothness.
Those are, from my humble point of view, the added-values of Outlook.com. Actually, Hotmail app was sober and ugly. Microsoft didn't dedicated too many resources to its development. However, Outlook.com feels mobile native. First, it is set in a intuitive and good-looking layout, second, main actions (read, reply, forward, compose, delete) can be performed easily, in a few tap and, finally, the app runs smoothly. No lag, no force-closes, an overall good response.
Only one catch must be mentioned: it should keep focusing on mobile native management. In other words, gestures should be added to carry out main actions, as Mailbox does: drag/swipe to delete, archive or composed e-mails, for example.
Sign in using your existing Microsoft account, which is usually your Outlook.com email address and password.
With the Outlook.com app, you can:
- Get emails right away with push notifications
- Sync Outlook.com Calendar and Contacts with your device
- View and sync folders and sub-folders
- Choose from 8 different color themes to personalize your experience.
- Group your email conversations with Conversation Threading
- Utilize server-side search for easy finding through all your history of emails.
- Sync multiple Outlook.com accounts and send email from aliases
Tips and tricks
- Change the color theme on the app settings menu by selecting General, and then Theme color.
- Filter your emails (all, unread or flagged) by selecting Inbox in the top menu.
- Switch accounts or access your folders and sub-folders by selecting the top left menu.
- Choose which folders automatically sync from the app settings menu by selecting Sync, Folders, and then the folders you want to sync.
New in this version:
-Server-side search for easy access to all email, not just the ones synced to your phone
-Unlimited sync of all email history for full off-line access
-Capability to send emails from Outlook.com aliases
-Eight new colors to customize the app interface
-Ability to set and manage vacation replies
-Traditional Chinese language support
- Victor Raul Y. Downloaded 3h ago
- Максим Downloaded 1d ago
- Prabhu S. Downloaded 14h ago
- smsthn Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Lady C. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- firstname.lastname@example.org Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Rajdeep R. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
- Matthew M. Downloaded Nov 24, 2013
- George H. Downloaded Nov 20, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Takes up too much space
does not keep my phone awake. default Google app maintains some crazy wake locks, may even be a conspiracy of Google to get people to use Gmail instead.. hmm.. anyway this app suits my needs perfectly.
It worked fine but was a bit slow and did not recognize mý status
This app was once very fast compared to what it is now.
I have seen no problems with this app and I rely on it daily in my law practice to import all of my e-mail from all 6 of my POP3 accounts while I am out of the office and away frm my desktop machine. Perhaps having used Microsoft Outlook for many years m
Why connect all? Let me decide, please. Unfair big gov't killing privacy. This is wrong.