10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Highly customizable
- Runs smoothly
- No gestures to manage inbox
Outlook.com is the official Android app of one of the most popular e-mail providers
Recently, Hotmail users have been prompted to upgrade to Outlook.com since Microsoft decided to unify both e-mailing service for all platforms. Thus, as it happened to the web version, Hotmail Android app isn't working anymore. Instead, Outlook.com is ready to provide an enhanced service in a triple way: simplicity, layout and smoothness.
Those are, from my humble point of view, the added-values of Outlook.com. Actually, Hotmail app was sober and ugly. Microsoft didn't dedicated too many resources to its development. However, Outlook.com feels mobile native. First, it is set in a intuitive and good-looking layout, second, main actions (read, reply, forward, compose, delete) can be performed easily, in a few tap and, finally, the app runs smoothly. No lag, no force-closes, an overall good response.
Only one catch must be mentioned: it should keep focusing on mobile native management. In other words, gestures should be added to carry out main actions, as Mailbox does: drag/swipe to delete, archive or composed e-mails, for example.
Sign in using your existing Microsoft account, which is usually your Outlook.com email address and password.
With the Outlook.com app, you can:
- Get emails right away with push notifications
- Sync Outlook.com Calendar and Contacts with your device
- View and sync folders and sub-folders
- Choose from 8 different color themes to personalize your experience.
- Group your email conversations with Conversation Threading
- Utilize server-side search for easy finding through all your history of emails.
- Sync multiple Outlook.com accounts and send email from aliases
Tips and tricks
- Change the color theme on the app settings menu by selecting General, and then Theme color.
- Filter your emails (all, unread or flagged) by selecting Inbox in the top menu.
- Switch accounts or access your folders and sub-folders by selecting the top left menu.
- Choose which folders automatically sync from the app settings menu by selecting Sync, Folders, and then the folders you want to sync.
New in this version:
-Server-side search for easy access to all email, not just the ones synced to your phone
-Unlimited sync of all email history for full off-line access
-Capability to send emails from Outlook.com aliases
-Eight new colors to customize the app interface
-Ability to set and manage vacation replies
-Traditional Chinese language support
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Works brilliantly Microsoft Thank You. Now I have All my Microsoft email accounts in one place on my phone and all working together seamlessly. Just one minor point ... Any chance your future developments could add a 're name' facility to the account 'set
Good is good...enough said
Super slow to load the app, then super slow to load the inbox, then super slow to open an email. Maybe it's partly my phone, but it's definitely slower than any other app I have.
Please try to make it lighter and faster.. It very slow comparing to other app.
Bring back Hotmail. PLEASE
Can't log out of this app and does not sync properly. Unlimited sync function does not work. Really disappointed as this is the official app. Had to uninstall.
I'm not a fan of outlook in the 1st place but my university uses it for communication. I thought having the app would make it easier, but it doesn't even register. Definitely not impressed!