5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Highly customizable
- Runs smoothly
- No gestures to manage inbox
+ By Microsoft + SEVEN
Recently, Hotmail users have been prompted to upgrade to Outlook.com since Microsoft decided to unify both e-mailing service for all platforms. Thus, as it happened to the web version, Hotmail Android app isn't working anymore. Instead, Outlook.com is ready to provide an enhanced service in a triple way: simplicity, layout and smoothness.
Those are, from my humble point of view, the added-values of Outlook.com. Actually, Hotmail app was sober and ugly. Microsoft didn't dedicated too many resources to its development. However, Outlook.com feels mobile native. First, it is set in a intuitive and good-looking layout, second, main actions (read, reply, forward, compose, delete) can be performed easily, in a few tap and, finally, the app runs smoothly. No lag, no force-closes, an overall good response.
Only one catch must be mentioned: it should keep focusing on mobile native management. In other words, gestures should be added to carry out main actions, as Mailbox does: drag/swipe to delete, archive or composed e-mails, for example.
Key features include:
- New intuitive design, look and feel
- Get emails right away with push notifications
- Sync with your device Calendar and Contacts
- View and sync standard and custom folders, including sub-folders
- Group your email conversations with Conversation Threading
- Send, receive, and view photos and other attachments
- Easy to use search functionality
- Use with multiple Outlook.com accounts
- Filter your emails (all, unread or flagged) by clicking on Inbox in the top menu.
- Access your standard and custom folders by clicking on the top left Menu.
- To view your Sent, Draft, Deleted or custom folders, from the app menu select Account Settings, Folders’ and Refresh folders. Then select from the list which folders you would like to automatically sync to receive updates.
Android versions supported: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2
Recently changed in this version:
- New look and feel
- Filters for unread and flagged messages
- Conversation threading
- Marking messages as junk
Last activity on Outlook.com
Lists with: Outlook.com
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for Outlook.com
Its oversized font and bkoaty needs to go. You should take lessons from mailbox app or mail apps from ios.
Perfect example of don't fix what isn't broken
It let's me log in and set preferences but then sends me back to the login page. Useless.
the font size is too big throughout this app, and i actually miss hotmail a lot.........sigh
Most messages don't display on my honeycomb tablet. Did the programmer test it on an HTC flyer?
I have to relog in twice every day,
Does the job at the moment however Microsoft the white background is boring you can do better how about adding more colour blue to the app