Text Free on Textfree Texting
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Text and call for free Pinger and non-Pinger users
- Pinger points system
- Neat minimalist interface
- Push notifications and group chat
- Only text and pictures can be shared
- Pinger is only available in US, Canada and Spain so far
+ By Pinger, Inc.
Pinger Messenger is a global free calling and texting multi-platform app
Instant messaging apps with push notifications were a revolution that changed forever the way we communicate through mobile devices. The main catch of those services is though, that both sender and receiver need to install the same app, sign up the same service and of course, having a smartphone. Pinger is going a step further: a free calling and texting service that ensures free communication even with those users that haven't installed the app or even without a smartphone.That's why, according to ComScore, Pinger is one of the Top 5 downloaded and used apps.
It works this way. Both text and calls between Pinger users are completely free. Message feature work pretty much like other instant messaging apps: push notifications, chat window, groups and media sharing. It uses VoIP technology to place calls. It works perfectly over WiFi and pretty good over data (depending on the signal quality).
Unlike other messaging apps, when those friends you want to call or text aren't Pinger users you can still contact with them through Pinger. SMS to any number are always free. Calls to non-Pinger users require a positive balance of in-app points (Pinger Points). After signing up, users get a free amount of Pinger Points as well as a fully-functional local second phone number. Pinger points allow them to call and text non-Pinger users for a limited time. However, Pinger users can earn those points too: they'll refill their saldo when receiving calls from both mobile and landlines numbers. This system turns communication into a game and gives the chances to users to keep calling and texting for free. Anywa, ff they run out of points, they can purchase packs directly from the app.
It goes without saying that the local second phone number that Pinger provides their users with enables devices with no SIM-card (iPod and iPad) to use calling and messaging features.
Pinger's set in a neat minimalist interface that makes navigation really intuitive. It's too sober though: I'm missing themes, background, emojis and some customization. By the way, main catch is that Pinger is just available in US, Canada and Spain from now. However, users from other countries can already join "Pinger without VoIP to non-Pinger users feature" by downloading TextFree app (iOS, Android and desktop versions).
TEXT FREE WITH GROUP MESSAGES
Textfree is the perfect free texting app for group messaging with all your contacts. You can create groups, leave groups, add participants and let everyone be part of the conversation.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
Not many free texting apps give you a real number. But having your own local phone number means you can call your grandma’s landline, order a pizza, SMS any number, and of course, hit up all your friends, even if they don’t have a smartphone.
SEND UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS & PICTURES
With Textfree you get free SMS texting plus calling, totally free and unlimited. And now, Text free is the first free texting app enabled with real MMS picture messaging. That means you can even send picture messages to all your friends, even if they don’t have Textfree!
Free calling has never been better. Textfree-to-Textfree calling and any incoming calls are always free. Outbound calling minutes are easy to earn or super cheap to buy. Who doesn’t love free calling?
TURN ANY DEVICE INTO A PHONE
No phone? No Problem. Text free has you covered. Textfree turns your desktop, tablet, or other Android devices into a phone so you can text and call for free. Plus, calls sound even better over WiFi.
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Texting and calling are free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Speaking of the world, Textfree is the perfect free texting app for making free calls and sending free texts while you’re abroad.
• Use Textfree as a free second phone line
• Text free is the first free texting app to let users send and receive real MMS picture messages, just like the pricy carriers.
• Real MMS picture messaging works with nearly all other carriers (T-Mobile coming soon). If you try and send or receive a picture message with a T-Mobile user, it might not go through (yet).
• Free texting to the US and 35+ countries For a list of those countries visit: http://r.pinger.com/text-intl
• Sync your contacts with their Facebook photo
• Know the instant your texts are read
• Block numbers, if needed
• Log in securely from any device
• Choose custom ringtones, text tones and backgrounds
• Turn your Android device into a free phone.
• FREE TEXTING + CALLING APP for both the US and Canada.
• FREE texting and calling plus 10 FREE minutes of outbound calling
• Send unlimited free texts, plus get free unlimited incoming calls from anyone, anywhere in the world.
• Textfree is the original free texting app that you can use with WiFi.
• Send text via your regular number or send free text with your Textfree number
• Free voicemail, too
• Call and SMS any number in the US and Canada, even if you don’t have a calling plan.
• Make Calls on WiFi
• Your texts are 100% free. Pictures are 100% free. Incoming calls are 100% free.
• Earn free minutes for outbound calls
• Never miss messages
• Send hi-res pictures to anyone on AT&T, Boost, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and Virgin
• Want some light reading? Our terms of service are here: http://r.pinger.com/and-eula
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Like many free texting apps, Textfree is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time.
• When roaming, additional carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for details.
• If your contacts aren’t on Textfree, they might have to pay regular carrier charges for texts and pictures. If that’s the case, be a good friend and tell them about Textfree.
• Requires OS 2.1+
TEXT FROM THE WEB
• Real MMS Messaging -- Share pictures with anyone, right from your Textfree number
• International Calling -- Calls to Mexico now supported
• More fixes for cases when the app may lag
• Fixes to decrease data usage
• Enables calling to Mexico
• Fixes lagging issue
• Group Messaging - Group chat with anyone, even if they’re not on Textfree
• Create groups, leave groups, add friends and get everyone into the conversation
I have to pay for minutes.. It said free. Now it wants to charge me.. No thanks
The texting is great but when I make calls they don't go through.
This is so cool
You have to be 18 or older and I'm 9 so that's no fair and I don't like losing about my age so I deleated it
Just use grooveip and ringto if you want truly free texting and calls and better number options
Won't download. Stays stuck on 83%