PocketAudio lets you use your Android device as a wireless soundcard of your computer. PocketAudio automatically forwards audio captured or played on your computer to your Android device. You can use PocketAudio as a wireless headphones or wireless microphone for your computer.
PocketAudio (Microphone) can be used as an audio input device to Windows or Mac. Speak to your Android device, and use Windows or Mac to capture or record the audio.
*** Please note that there is network delay between the computer and Android device. Therefore, PocketAudio should not be used in situations where delay can be an issue. For example, if you are watching a movie and use PocketAudio to play the soundtrack, you will notice the sound is played behind the video.
*** Please download FREE PocketControl server on your computer from: http://www.senstic.com/android/pocketaudio/pocketaudio.aspx
1. If you have not already done so, download and install the PocketControl for Windows or Mac software from our website.
2. On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the SensticPocketService is running on your computer. On Mac, run PocketControl from the Mac applications folder.
Connect your Android device to your home network using Wi-Fi.
3. Start PocketAudio on Android, and the app will automatically connect to your computer. The bottom of your Android device screen should display "Connected to your_computer_name:port."
4. Configure your Windows/Mac program to use PocketAudio as your audio input and/or output device.
Step by step instructions can be found at support page.
1. Currently, PocketAudio supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS X 10.7 or above. Mac OS X 10.6 or earlier is not supported.
2. PocketAudio does not work with iChat on Mac.
3. There is network delay between the computer and Android device. Please do not expect real time transmission.
Tags: wireless microphone , pocketaudio , pocketaudio microphone , microphone , wifi microphone , wireless mic , as wireless microphone , pocketaudio delay , pocketcontrol for windows