PPP Widget (discontinued)
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Josua Dietze
!! Attention !! Newer Google devices with stock Android > 4.2 have kernel module loading disabled. PPP Widget will most likely not work on these; try PPP Widget 2 which does not need kernel drivers.
This app will not receive any further development. Moving to PPP Widget 2 is suggested, it now also runs on Lollipop !
If you get the "No driver" message, this is not the fault of PPP Widget. See the
http://www.draisberghof.de/android/pppwidget.html">FAQs at the developer's website.
- Needs root access (with "Superuser" or "SuperSU" app)
- Needs USB host function (an OTG adapter in most cases)
- Needs a powered USB hub (unless your device has plenty of power)
- Some devices (e.g. Samsung) need additional kernel drivers
- Your modem must provide serial ports and use the standard PPP protocol
This app is free. No ads. No data gathering.
Warning: again, there is no guarantee that every Android/modem combo will work. Don't blame me, I can test only few devices!
If your combination does not work, help with improvement. Don't just complain in a short comment. See app webpage for feedback options.
This widget is a frontend for the PPP daemon which enables Internet access over almost any USB device with modem capabilities, including mobile phones.
For 3G sticks, the usb_modeswitch tool is included to bring them into modem mode, in most cases fully automatic.
Even if this app needs root access for device preparation and building the connection, it does NOT alter any system files!
Tags: ppp widget, pppwidget, ppp widget no root access, ppp widget скачать, ppp widget descargar, ppp widget indir, скачать ppp widget, how to use ppp widget, down pppwidget, ppp widget gratis.
IF YOUR MODEM/TABLET COMBO DOES NOT WORK, GO TO THE DEVELOPER'S WEBSITE !!
There is a list of FAQs and a link to the support forum. No support over e-mail.
- Loads of new modem models supported
- Almost all Huawei modems now supported
- Annother fix for device config matching
- new ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission (as suggested by superuser apps)
Some lists where this application appears: aaa.