Private Message Pro
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @AppsZoom
Private Message Pro (PMP) allows you to encrypt, decrypt messages using arbitrary passphrases and share the encrypted messages (e.g. SMS, EMail, Twitter, Notes-App, ...). Your friends who know the passphrase and also have Private Message Pro installed are able to decrypt the messages.
Why another App that encrypts messages? There are several similar
ones on the market! Some of these do not have an intuitive userinterface or weak android integration (just passing messages to other apps using copy and paste, e.g.), but much more important: lack of secure encryption! Apparently none of the apps I found use random salt, random stretching and random initialization vectors to improve key and encryption quality. So I had to craft my own message encryption app :)
* Simple and intuitive user interface
* No ads
* Industry standard encryption algorithm AES 256 (using SHA256, random salt, random stretching, random initialization vector - the encrypted message is different every time you encrypt it)
* Share the encrypted messages (e.g. SMS, EMail, Twitter, Notes-App, ...)
* To en- or decrypt a SMS, you can browse your SMS within Private Message Pro. This feature is planned for Email also.
* En- or decrypt messages from other apps (these apps need to support sharing of text)
* Currently supported languages: English, Spanish, German
Some random points you might find useful:
* Feedback is greatly appreciated.
* In case of issues, please contact me before rating.
* The best encryption algorithms are useless if you choose bad passwords.
* You might want to wipe the clipboard (copy/paste) after using it - just hit
the menu button and choose 'Wipe clipboard'.
* The message length is currently limited to 1000 signs.
* As PMP uses stronger encryption than Private Message (PM), PM is currently not able to decrypt messages encrypted with PMP. We will change that in one of the next releases.
* Why the permissions to read contacts and sms in the Pro Version? Both permissions are necessary to generate the SMS-list.
* REQUIRES ANDROID: 2.1 and up
BTW, by downloading this app, you agree to the following:
This software is provided by the author "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the author be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising
in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
* Private Message is just available in Canada and the USA.
Tags: private message pro, private message, aplikasi private message, message, private messaging, communicate pro private, pmp aes256 decrypt text, privatemessages андроид, how to private message, andoid private messaging.
* New menu entry: empty all fields
* New menu entry: empty clipboard
* Fix: no word suggestions for password field
* Fix: hide password also in landscape view
As always any feedback is welcome