SMS Text ↔ PC Messenger GTalk
5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Mobile Notifications
Talk2Phone breaks your phone's monopoly on SMS texting!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You can send SMS texts from your computer using your browser or your favorite Google chat client. These get sent through your phone using your existing phone number. If there is an incoming SMS text or call on your phone, then you'll get the message on your computer.
Talk2Phone also helps you find your phone if it's lost or stolen. Pinpoint your phone's most recent approximate location on Google Maps. Ring your phone if you can't remember where you left it -- even if the volume was completely off.
We think this is a pretty awesome app. But don't just take our word for it, read the Android Authority app review:
Unshackle your thumbs from your phone's keyboard and start texting with Talk2Phone today!
- Send and receive SMS text messages through your phone
- Alerts for incoming calls
- Pinpoint your phone's location on Google Maps
- Ring your phone when you've misplaced it
- Make your phone talk by sending remote text-to-speech commands - trick your friends!
- Lightweight - low memory footprint and minimal battery usage
- Totally free!
1. Install the Talk2Phone app on your phone
2. Start the app and select a Google account (we'll never ask for your password)
3. Open your web browser to:
That's it! Now you can park your phone while you are at work, at a coffee shop, or at the library … and never miss a call or SMS text again.
For using Talk2Phone with your Google Talk/Gmail Chat client, make sure you accept the chat invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org (our chat account). Then type /help in the chat window to get started.
If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
Follow us on twitter:
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF:
Your carrier's standard messaging rates apply to SMS text messages sent and/or received.
If you don't already have a Google Talk client on your desktop, you can get one for:
Chat for Google (Chrome Browser Extension) for Windows, Mac, Linux
Configuring iChat (Messages) for Google Talk
Recently changed in this version:
* Improved call and sms log synchronization
* Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance enhancements