Application is created to support and send the same message to multiple GPS in same time. The user can manage a list of GPS into the Settings. Before the message to be sent all GPS contacts appear as a check box list, the message will be sent only to selected contacts.
This application only send SMS messages to the GPS and do not interpret the GPS SMS response.
Each command is stored into a history list on the application, but also into the Sent folder for phone messenger (not supported for all phones, yet), that is the reason for the Read and Write SMS messages permissions.
The command messages can contain parameters, each parameter should have on front and at the end the ? character.
e.g. ?password? or ?speed?
The 'password' is a special parameter and is replaced with the proper GPS password when the messages is sent.
The user can define own parameters and commands, can be modified or deleted existing commands also. Each parameter value is saved into application preferences and are available when it's needed.
When the message is sent to the GPS tracker the parameters are replaced with the specified values.
My intention with this project is to be Open Source.
The sources are uploaded here: https://code.google.com/p/tkconfig/
At the installation the application need the user permissions to access the SMS phone service.
I still work on this project for different improvements, please provide feedbacks and sorry for possible inconvenients.
Thank you for using this application.
Tags: TK 101, TK 102 TK 201, Xexun gps tracker, sms gps tracker.
- Commands are sorted alphabetically.
- Added support to duplicate an existing command.
- Small fixes on command editor.
- Fixed SMS history and added support for the send messages to be stored on the send folder.
- Added support to edit command parameters value from the main window without sending the SMS command.
- Added support to add GPS number and name from phonebook.
- Refactored the OK and Cancel buttons positions.