Torque Lite (OBD2 & Car)
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Tons of real-time data
- Loads of customization options
- Tracking history and graphical data
- Diagnose faults to keep your vehicle running smoothly
- Social sharing
- Functionality depends on your vehicle's ECU
- Some crashing on some devices
+ By Ian Hawkins
Get detailed, real-time performance data from your vehicle with this multi-talented diagnostics tool for your Android
Torque is an incredibly comprehensive tool for tracking all of your vehicle's OBD engine data in real time, and a thoroughly economic alternative to forking out for expensive diagnostic machines.
The app allows you to connect with your car's ECU, using an ELM or OBD adapter plugged into your car (the app suggest suitable adapters). Quick and easy to set up, Torque offers an mind-boggling array of customization options for you to set up your very own dashboard on your Android. As well as tracking engine performance, you get a quick view of everything from the rev count and fuel gauge, to the speedometer, as well as run full diagnostics on your car to check for any fault codes.
The app is compatible with a huge array of vehicle makes and models, though features vary depending on your car's ECU. A dependable, easy to use to and well worth investing in the Pro version.
Torque allows you to track a mind-boggling amount of real-time data, which will help you track your car's performance, spot any failures and ultimately save you lots of cash - without having to buy an expensive diagnostics machine.
The app is compatible with most makes and models of car, and provides you with fully customizable dashboards, alerts when you need to take action, emission and temperature readings and full statistical and graphical analysis.
The app runs relatively smoothly, is easy to navigate (providing you know how to use an OBD/ELM diagnostic adapter) and including social sharing features.
The apps features are limited to the compatibility with your vehicle's on-board ECU and some users with HTC and Galaxy devices have reported some crashing issues.
An OBD II engine ECU diagnostics tool that uses a cheap bluetooth ELM / OBD adapter to connect to your car OBD2 engine management system
Some features include:
* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car
* Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV
* Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)
* Head up Display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night
* Data Logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose
* Customisable dashboard with theme support - setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want
* Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!
* Turbo Boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)
* MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)
This is the free/basic version - it lets you get a feel for the application and lets you find out if it works with your vehicle / obd2 adapter combination; but may contain some small bugs including not working on some nissan/chrysler/subaru ECUs. The paid version has support for more vehicles and ECU types, looks a lot nicer, and works with more cars / trucks
The paid version has more features (HorsePower,Torque, 0-60 , quarter mile tests, graph data, map / track views) + no adverts and exra dial/display types! and better ABS / Knock sensor support, Transmission temperature support for some makes of car / trucks (GM / Ford, etc), and Turbo Boost on many more vehicles (including VW)
Works on vehicles made by Ford, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Daewoo, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac, Subaru and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others.
**PLEASE NOTE!** Any reports of hanging or freezing after quitting the app is due to a bug in the HTC Evo 4G and Galaxy Tab, this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Aldiko bluetooth enabled apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix. Please contact their support and encourage them to fix, Thanks!
The pro version supports USB ELM adapters which are use 'Prolific' or 'FTDI' chips
* Update: A freeze/hang workaround has been found after a great amount of effort and is available in the full version in the General Preferences settings!
Look for the pro version, it has many more features than the lite!
* Couple of GUI scrolling smoothness updates to make things scroll smoother
* Menu wording changes to make things like fault code scanning easier to find
* Fixed missing scan and clear codes button that was missing on nexus and a couple of other devices
* The Menu button is now on-screen (the 'gear' icon) for devices that don't have a dedicated menu button. Push that and you'll get the menu which lets you clear codes (etc)
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Jayne Deacon.
This is solution for car owner
Make sure you get a good quality bluetooth OBDII adapter. The first one I bought for $7 on Amazon worked with my friends 01 Hyundai Elantra but not my 05 GMC Canyon, after further investigation I purchased another scanner for about $20 on Amazon and it works great with my vehicle. I was able to diagnose my CEL problems and make the repairs myself. Only problem I have is that the metric units won't
I'm a mechanic and have used code readers like the Genesis 2 that cost thousands of dollars, and this program is easier to use and it's customizable interface gives better diagnostic information! So happy with it.
Fun. Pair this up with the Bluetooth OBD-II connector. Gives you access to a surprising amount of data. It is like having a test stand control room screen in your car. This engineer loves it.
Greatest app around
As of the latest update they have added a menu button so now it works with my LG G3. It took forever.
Couldn't connect...not recommended