Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car)
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Tons of real-time data
- Loads of customization options
- Tracking history and graphical data
- Diagnose faults to keep your vehicle running smoothly
- Social sharing
- Functionality depends on your vehicle's ECU
- Some crashing on some devices
+ By Ian Hawkins
Get detailed, real-time performance data from your vehicle with this multi-talented diagnostics tool for your Android
Torque is an incredibly comprehensive tool for tracking all of your vehicle's OBD engine data in real time, and a thoroughly economic alternative to forking out for expensive diagnostic machines.
The app allows you to connect with your car's ECU, using an ELM or OBD adapter plugged into your car (the app suggest suitable adapters). Quick and easy to set up, Torque offers an mind-boggling array of customization options for you to set up your very own dashboard on your Android. As well as tracking engine performance, you get a quick view of everything from the rev count and fuel gauge, to the speedometer, as well as run full diagnostics on your car to check for any fault codes.
The app is compatible with a huge array of vehicle makes and models, though features vary depending on your car's ECU. A dependable, easy to use to and well worth investing in the Pro version.
Torque allows you to track a mind-boggling amount of real-time data, which will help you track your car's performance, spot any failures and ultimately save you lots of cash - without having to buy an expensive diagnostics machine.
The app is compatible with most makes and models of car, and provides you with fully customizable dashboards, alerts when you need to take action, emission and temperature readings and full statistical and graphical analysis.
The app runs relatively smoothly, is easy to navigate (providing you know how to use an OBD/ELM diagnostic adapter) and including social sharing features.
The apps features are limited to the compatibility with your vehicle's on-board ECU and some users with HTC and Galaxy devices have reported some crashing issues.
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them
More features added every release - there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
**Polite Note!** There are currently a lot of clone adapters circulating that are broken/not working on the CANBUS protocol - if your vehicle isn't working, check the adapter if it's a clone (it may work on older vehicles though)
**Tip:Turn on 'Faster Communication' in the OBD settings for faster read speeds!
* Update to workaround an issue some users were having with the LVL
any this kind of application for my Gingerbread :-(
Guess I'm unlucky. Can't get past "querying". Gets stuck on settings screen and won't go back to the gauge page. Won't even force quit. Keeps reopening on settings page. Have to reboot my phone, but it still won't connect.
hi... I bought this product but several options are unavailable.
My car is a Peugeot 307 2.0 AT CC. Beyond that, I'd like to see some custom info like roof status and total mileage written BSI.
Can I have some help? Thanks.
My car didn't come with a boost gauge n this app is perfect cuz it lets me monitor the boost and everything else. People get in my car n think I have some kind of management system in it lol gonna get a tablet next so I can use it on there and have a bigger display to monitor everything on my car. Very useful app that keeps impressing me more n more. Love it
Does exactly what it claims. Spot on for reading and clearing warning codes on your car. Perfect.
Come on now this doesn't find a single fault on my car. Although it's in restricted performance mode. Don't suppose anyone can help? Jaguar 2.7 diesel
It works great