The VerbaVoice app is a communication aid for hearing impaired people. It makes spoken language accessible as live text and / or sign language video. The sound is sent to a speech-to-text reporter or sign language interpreter online who then transfers it into live text or sign language video.
Deaf and hard of hearing pupils, students or trainees can attend lessons and lectures through live text and sign language and get full access to the course content.
The app also helps professionals to communicate with their hearing colleagues and be included in their team.
Events and presentations can be displayed on a screen on-site to make them accessible for everyone.
VerbaVoice is accepted as a communication aid by German authorities. Its use is free for hearing impaired people. The respective payers take over the costs for the remote interpreters; the app can be downloaded for free.
Preconditions for the use of the app:
1. The user registers on www.verbavoice.de
2. After that he can request a sign language interpreter or speech-to-text reporter via the VerbaVoice platform
3. Hearing impaired people need to apply for refund at the responsible public payer. The VerbaVoice gives advice and support during the application procedure, if necessary.
4. The VerbaVoice team organizes the suitable interpreter and confirms the date.
How to use the app:
1. Enter the VerbaVoice login information
2. Select the date in the menu “dates” and join the conference
3. The speech-to-text reporter or sign language interpreter hears the audio and starts translating
4. The user sees the content as live text or video
Enjoy the VerbaVoice app!
Please note: The app is currently being optimized. The next version will feature the chat functionality.
Tags: verbavoice beantragen , verbavoice