Viber : Free Messages & Calls
100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Number-based (no need to create account)
- Push text messages
- It runs in background (no need to launch it for receiving calls)
- Hands-free while calling supported
- Good sound-quality
- User-friendly interface
- Videocalls aren’t supported
- Can’t send media files through push messages
- VoIP don’t supported by some phone operators
- Chat group doesn’t supported
After reaching great success for a long while in iOS, Viber Inc. has finally released Viber for Android. Viber is an app that lets you both give and receive voicecalls using VoIP over 3G/4G or WiFi connection. What’s more, it contains a cross-platform push text messages service that lets you send and receive text messages from your contacts around the world. Let’s see how it does work.
First time you download the app, it asks you for permission to access your phonebook. It automatically integrates your phonebook to Viber contact list, and identify who of them is already using Viber. Anyway, if they aren’t using them you can send an invitation via SMS, Whatsapp or other similar services.
While the contacts you want to give a call to, don’t have Viber installed, you can call them, send SMS (or other messaging service), send them an e-mail or chat by using Windows Live. Once they’ve installed Viber, you will be able to call them through Viber or send them a push text messages. That easy.
Since it’s a service that uses your phone connection, its performance depends on the quality of the connection. If you’re over 3G/4G and you’re moving, you will probably notice bad line or you won’t even be able to connect. Over WiFi it works great, except for a minimum delay on the line and echo. Regarding quality sound, it isn’t perfect, but it’s the best quality sound we’ve reported in this kind of apps.
Push text messages works properly. It notifies when the messages is sent and delivered. There are some catches though: you can’t send either media files nor your own location. What’s more, it doesn’t support emojis. And last but not least, chat group isn’t supported either.
Viber is set in a good-looking white&purple layout and user-friendly interface. A tab bar on the bottom includes: “recents” (call log), “contacts” (list), “keypad” (dialer), “messages”, “more” (settings, about and sharing). From settings you can choose your preferences about notifications sounds, vibration, icons, and much more.
Viber ins’t perfect, but it has been one of the most successful apps in iOS and it’s no coincidence. Viber is based on VoIP, a real revolution concerning calling that allows you to call to contacts from around the World and, this is the best part, for FREE. Must have.
On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile contact list, automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.
• Free calls with HD sound quality
• Groups with up to 40 participants
• Send stickers and emoticons, making messaging fun!
• Share locations
• Respond immediately to messages using quick reply
• Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a call or message, even when Viber is off
• OS integration – share photos and videos straight from your device’s gallery
• Designed with the Native Android UI in mind
• No ads and 100% free*
Viber is localized to: Swedish, Turkish, Korean, Dutch, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Spanish, Catalan, German, French, Italian, Portuguese and Portuguese (Brazil).
Follow us for updates and news:
Facebook - http:/ /facebook.com/viber
Twitter - http://twitter.com/viber
(*) Network data charges may apply
Tags: free calls free text messages photo and location sharing, free viber codes, sending audio files using viber, how to attach photo and video in viber, viber comunication setup, how to leave a group convo in new viber, viber free calls for android, how to send a song via viber, new viber for android phones, viber media download.
Recently changed in this version:
And all the great feature of 3.0:
• Completely new user interface redesign gives the latest Android look and feel
• Support for all new Viber Desktop - on Windows and MacOS!! Get Viber Desktop at www.Viber.com
• Transfer live calls between your Android and your Desktop
• Online status indicator
• Send video messages
• New voice engine improves sound quality
• New cool stickers
• Add captions to photo and video messages
• Viber is now localized to: Swedish, Turkish, Korean and Dutch
Last activity on Viber : Free Messages & Calls
Lists with: Viber : Free Messages & Calls
Comments and ratings for Viber : Free Messages & Calls
Very comfortable app.
Very useful app
Excellent app for those who are away from there loved ones
Its grate I enjoy it we have unlimeted internet at home so I can talk to my friends and family as much as I wont and not use up all my phone credit its saveing me money and I love the stickers there fun snd grate :)