100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
* This Widget connect to a Cisco VPN Server (PIX/ASA/...) or a Fritzbox by a single click on rooted Android 2.x devices.
Attention: if your device has Android 4+ you should use VpnCilla instead because this App needs root access which is an additional security risk! (VpnCilla does not need root access and has much more features).
* VPN Widget won't work unless...
- You have a rooted (jailbreaked, unlocked) phone
- TUN device available in kernel (CONFIG_TUN=y)
- App installed on the phones internal memory (not on SD - Widgets require this)
- Placed it on homescreen as widget (not as app)
- 'Superuser' rights granted on request
* Forget it, if all this sounds scary - VPNC Widget just won't work!!
* Installation and trouble shooting:
- Install VPNC Widget on homescreen as Widget - not as App!
- Doubleclick widget to change preferences and checking prerequisites of phone (if doubleclick doesn't work, start Vpnc Widget as an App)
- Give "Superuser" rights on request (start Superuser app to verify and use newest Superuser App in case of troubles)
- Never use automatic Taskkillers (it will interrupt the vpnc service!)
- If nothing helps, activate the Debug Flag in the preferences screen and mail me after a trying to connect the session logfile:
- Supports Pre-Shared-Key (PSK) only (no SSL certificates)
- supports only one user/server profile
- profile credentials incl. passwords are stored at the phone (but hidden for apps without root access)
- if the "advanced routing" kernel feature is unavailable, the VPN connection may be lost when the WiFi hotspot renews DHCP info (you can re-connect by clicking Widget twice)
- Use this product absolutely at your own risk
- VPNC Widget is distributed on an "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, either expressed or implied
* Succesful tested ROMS:
- LeeDroid 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- CyanogenMod 6.1.1
- Cognition 2.3v8
- JME Rotohammer(Galaxy tab)
-*) OxygeN-2.0-RC7 (Android 2.3, based on CM7 beta)
-*) CyanogenMod 7.0.x
- and many more...
*) works but misses Advanced Routing feature in kernel image (see Restrictions/Issues)
Tags: vpncwidget, vpnc, advanced routing, config_tun=y, vpnc widget no access to tun device, tun device available in kernel (config_tun=y), config_tun y, vpnc advanced routing, vpnc widget, tun device available in kernel config_tun y.
* bugfix for Android 4.3+
* Remark: if your device has Android 4+ you should use VpnCilla instead because this App needs root access which is an additional security risk! (VpnCilla does not need root access and has much more features).
* wrong widget size on some devices corrected
* solves /dev/null problem with Android 4.1.1
* solvs temp file problem on Galaxy Tab 10.1 in /sqlite_stmt_journals (no more using here-file)