Web2SMS GR is an alternative SMS client that lets you send free SMS messages to any mobile phone in Greece. It uses various Greek online free web2sms services.
Currently supported web2sms services:
• Otenet - Uses tools.otenet.gr that allows you to send 100 messages per month. The service is only usable to OTE Double Play subscribers and requires you to know the username and password of your internet connection. Messages appear to be sent by OTE (i.e. instead of the user's mobile number).
• Otenet Corporate - Uses corpmail.otenet.gr that allows you to send 1200 messages per month. The service is only usable to OTE corporate customers. Messages appear to be sent by the user's corporate email.
• Cosmote - Uses www.mycosmos.gr that allows you to send 300 messages per month. The service is only usable to Cosmote Subscribers. Messages appear to be sent by "COSMOTE".
• TxtMe - Uses txtme.gr that allows you to send 5 messages per day or 50 per month (whichever comes first). Anyone can register for a free account at http://txtme.gr. SMS messages arrive as the registered mobile number. Ads are included in the message body. WARNING: The service is temporarily unavailable (http://www.txtme.gr/closed.html).
• fbSMS - Uses www.fbsms.gr that allows you to send 5 messages per day. The free messages can be sent to any mobile number in Greece or Cyprus. The service uses the credentials of the user's Facebook account. You must first register your mobile number with the service. This is done only once and a normal browser is required for the operation. Messages appear to be sent by random number. Ads are included in the message body.
• Forthnet - Uses www.forthnet.gr that allows you to send 50 messages per month. The service is only usable to Forthnet Subscribers. Messages appear to be sent by "webSMS".
THIS APPLICATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THE ABOVE COMPANIES.
PLEASE NOTE: The application uses your wifi connection or carrier data plan.
- Supports multiple online free sms accounts (see above which ones)
- Ability to use as default SMS application
- Includes original android SMS messages
- Ability to lookup and send SMS to a person from your contact list
- Ability send SMS to a given phone number
- Ability to add a signature to the end of each message you send
- Ability to break your message to multiple SMS messages honoring the limits
- Displays remaining SMS messages per day and month
- Supports deletion of message threads (conversations)
- Supports copy / delete of multiple messages
- Automatically stores a draft version of your text if navigate to a different screen or close the app
If you offer Web-based SMS or want to otherwise suggest one, please feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com so that I can include your service.
from 97 reviews