Yahoo! Messenger Plug-in
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- It adds voice and video calls
- Video-call performance should be enhanced
Bear in mind that this isn’t a “launchable” app but a plug-in, which means that it requires Yahoo! Messenger app installed on your device.
This plug-in adds two important features that default Yahoo! Messenger Android app didn’t bring by default: voice and video calls. Although voice calls work pretty good, we’ve noticed some issue on video calls, specially concerning volume. Developers alert that they’re working on it (remember that this is a beta version). Video is only supported on Android OS 2.2+.
In order to call just press the menu button in a messenger conversation and tap the voice or video option. Such easy.
********* IMPORTANT *********
1. This is not a launchable app on its own, you need to install Yahoo! Messenger to enable the call features
2. To call, press the menu button in a Messenger conversation and tap the voice or video option
3. Video is only supported on Android OS 2.2+ (except for MyTouch 4G & EVO 4G where OS 2.3+ is required)
4. Yahoo! Messenger 1.5 and higher
5. The other user needs to use Yahoo! Messenger for Android, iPhone or Windows PC
Video calling is in beta. We are aware of incoming call volume issues and we will be addressing those soon. Help us improve the product by providing feedback and specific failed scenarios with device information to: email@example.com. Thanks!
Recently changed in this version:
New in Yahoo! Messenger Plug-in v1.6
- Fixed camera orientation and mirroring issues for several devices including Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC EVO 4G (OS 2.2+), Motorola Xoom, Motorola
Atrix and HTC ChaCha
- Performance and reliability improvements for sending and receiving calls
Last activity on Yahoo! Messenger Plug-in
Lists with: Yahoo! Messenger Plug-in
Comments and ratings for Yahoo! Messenger Plug-in
It's just a stupid apps it not installed in my Sony Xperia miro
This is not working with the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tab. Hope that this will be fixed soon.
Doesn't work with Samsung Tab2 P3100.. :(