ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
IN SOME RARE CASES THE APPLICATION CAN MAKE THE WI-FI ON SOME DEVICES STOP WORKING, NOT BEING ABLE TO CONNECT EVEN TO INFRASTRUCTURE NETWORKS. DON'T WORRY, IT'S FIXABLE. JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS AT THIS POST:
This application is intended to be used with devices having an RT2870, RT3070 or Texas Instrument Wi-Fi module, although it has only been tested with the Zenithink ZT-180 tablet with Android 2.1 and 2.2 OS versions.
It should work with other devices using one of these Wi-Fi modules or with other OS versions, or even might work with devices using other Wi-Fi modules on "just to try..." mode, as for example the iMX515 tablet with Atheros module (thanks to Miguel Minglas for his help on testing), but that's not sure and it's something you try at your own risk. According to received comments, in addition to ZT-180 the application worked on the following devices: iMX515, Samsung Galaxy Tab P1010 and FlyTouch 2.
IF YOUR DEVICE IS NOT A ZT-180 OR ONE OF THE DEVICES REPORTED AS COMPATIBLE AND THE APPLICATION DOESN'T WORK, THEN DON'T GIVE A BAD RATING. PLEASE, IN SUCH CASE USE THE SEND REPORT OPTION OFFERED BY THE APPLICATION.
ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher is an utility created to easily apply/restore the 'TxPower' (for some devices only) mod and to switch the Wi-Fi connection between the default infrastructure mode, which allows the connection to routers or access points, and the ad-hoc mode, which allows the connection to another Wi-Fi device, such a phone which is sharing its Internet connection (tethering).
For this application to work properly it needs a 'rooted' device.
- Sometimes the application may take a while to start, showing a blank screen; please wait.
- Before to switch to ad-hoc mode, remember to go to settings and set the SSID which your phone's tether application uses and, if necessary, the WEP key.
- Sometimes the ad-hoc connection may take a while or may not be made at first attempt; please wait 30 seconds or even 1 minute and if the connection is not at least attempted ("trying to connect to..." status) then disable and re-enable Wi-Fi; if the connection is attempted but is not successful then revise the SSID and WEP key on settings.
- The "refresh Wi-Fi on system boot" option causes Wi-Fi to be turned off and then turned on again at boot time, but only if the previous Wi-Fi state was enabled and there is no active connection after boot; if Wi-Fi was disabled when the device was powered off or rebooted then it will remain disabled at boot, or if device succeeded to establish a connection at boot by itself then the refresh will be omitted to keep that connection. This option may be useful on some situations when a device has problems to automatically connect at boot, although the Wi-Fi is on, but it can connect fine if the Wi-Fi is turned off and on again.
Tags: zt180 adhoc switcher, zt180 adhoc, adhoc switcher, zt180 tethering, zt 180 ad hoc tethering switch, zt180 ad hoc switcher, ad hoc switcher, zt180 adhoc switcher скачать, zt 180, zt180 tether.
- added new data and other adjustments to the report which can be generated when the application is not working; sorry but some data was not being correctly reported