Zukt (sms to email)Add this app to your lists
+ By André Restivo
With Zukt, all your SMSes and missed calls are automatically sent to your e-mail address. Replying to them is just as easy as replying to an e-mail.
- Send mail notification when SMS is received
- Send mail notification when call is missed
- Reply to SMS and missed call by replying to mail notification
- Start/Stop when charger is connected/disconnected
What is it for?
- You forgot your phone at the office. You can still check your messages and reply to them.
- Your phone is charging in another room and you don't want to leave your computer to read your messages.
- It's just faster to type with a real keyboard.
How does it work?
- Zukt constantly monitors all incoming SMSes and missed calls. When you receive an SMS or a call is missed, a message is sent from yourself to your e-mail.
- When you reply to that e-mail, Zukt detects it and sends an SMS back to the original sender.
Is it safe?
- The subject of each e-mail sent by Zukt contains a unique 8 digit number that represents the original SMS. Only mails containing that id are considered valid.
- Only secure mails servers using SSL allowed.
- In order to provide this service, Zukt needs to know your e-mail credentials. These will never be used for anything else than to provide this service and will never leave your phone.
- All messages are kept in memory only long enough to provide this service and are discarded as soon as possible.
The paid version removes the [Sent with Zukt] message in sent SMSes.
WARNING: This is still a beta version. Things might break. Please be patient and send any bug reports by e-mail. Help make Zukt better.
Tags: smshare, notifying patients via sms in with code.
* v1.1 (Notification also on missed call)
* v1.0.4 (Initial release)