It's never too early to improve your reading skills!
3rd Grade Reading Comprehension Prep was designed for the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
- Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
- Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd grade level
- Read through a range of different stories and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
- This collection of original stories was written specifically for this app
- Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
- Mix of fiction and non-fiction selections
- Works well in classrooms for independent study time
- Email your test results to share your score
- Increase your reading comprehension and your scores!
* No In-App Purchase required, all content is included *
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 3rd Grade:
- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers
- Determine the main idea of a text
- Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area
- Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
- Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
- Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
This app is great practice for Common Core (CCSS) and the PARCC test. Perfect for English learners in a third grade class as a fun way to read and study their vocabulary.
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*