3rd Grade Reading Comp
500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Peekaboo Studios
3rd Grade Reading Comprehension Prep was designed for the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
- Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
- Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd grade level
- Read through a range of different stories and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
- This collection of original stories was written specifically for this app
- Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
- Mix of fiction and non-fiction selections
- Works well in classrooms for independent study time
- Email your test results to share your score
- Increase your reading comprehension and your scores!
* No In-App Purchase required, all content is included *
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 3rd Grade:
- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers
- Determine the main idea of a text
- Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area
- Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
- Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
- Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
Teachers and parents - have your students email their scores from this app's assessment as a way to provide extra credit for improvement in their reading skills.
"I'm very impressed. Since I homeschool, having the history with the reading is a great addition to a homeschool curriculum." - Nancy Daniels
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart like school. This app is great practice for Common Core (CCSS) and the PARCC test. Perfect for English learners in a third grade class as a fun way to read and study their vocabulary.
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*