Acadiana Historical is a free app from the Public History Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette that puts South Louisiana’s history and culture at your fingertips.
Explore unique historic places and take self-guided tours. Find interesting people, places and events in this region’s history.
With a growing list of interpretive stories, each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map includes historical information about the location, along with historic images from archival collections and historical publications.
You can find more information about the history of South Louisiana by visiting the project website at www.acadianahistorical.org.
Thanks to the content provided by the Public History Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and the graduate students in Dr. Robert Carriker’s spring 2013 class: Stephanie Cheramie, Courtney Dupré, Joe Kent, Anne Mahoney, Meredith Melançon, Clare Robbins, Eric Scott, and Mike Smith.
- Content developed by: Robert Carriker and the Public History Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Technology and Concept by: The Center for Public History and Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University
- Powered by: Curatescape (curatescape.org)
- Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
- Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
Copyright: University of Louisiana at Lafayette
from 5 reviews