Did you know that...
- Camels have three eye lids
- At 188 decibels, the whistling of blue whale is the loudest sound made by any animal on the planet
- Crocodiles are color-blind
- Slugs have 4 noses
- Unlike a frog, a toad cannot jump
- In ancient Egypt killing a cat was a crime that could be punished by death
- Sharks can live up to 100 years
With "Amazing Animal Facts" learn every day new strange, funny and interesting facts and trivia about the animal world.
* Hundreds of fascinating facts about animals
* Receive daily facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Social Networks, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Tags: a blue whale is termed as the worlds loudest animal because blue whale whistles generate the loudest , 100 cool facts about animals for speeches , incredible animal facts