Apple OS X Server exam Prep
by: School in Mobile • 0
OS X Server Essentials 10.8 is a three-day course designed to give technical coordinators and entry- level system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses OS X Server on Mountain Lion. Students learn how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, web and wikis. Tools for efficiently managing and deploying OS X are also covered. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for help desk specialists, technical coordinators, and entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using OS X Server.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• The features and functionality of OS X Server on Mountain Lion
• How to configure essential services on OS X Server on Mountain Lion
• How to use OS X Server tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
• Effective use of OS X Server to manage a small network of Macintosh computers and users
• How to manage access to files and services
• How to prepare for Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.8 certification
• Understanding of OS X
• Experience with OS X in a network environment
• Basic OS X troubleshooting experience or complete the course: Mountain Lion 101
Students can take the OS X Server Essentials 10.8 exam—one of two exams required for Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.8 certification.
Part One: Configuring and Monitoring OS X Server
Part Two: Configuring Accounts
Part Three: Managing Devices with Configuration Profiles
Part Four: Providing File Services
Part Five: Implementing Deployment Solutions
Part Six: Providing Network Services
Part 7: Using Collaborative Services