Buddy Bear products have a huge following among speech-language pathologists and early interventionists for the proven techniques they use to improve communication skills in children with autism spectrum disorders. Use Buddy Bear to help students develop problem-solving and reasoning skills.
Learning strategies in the app target the unique learning needs of children with autism and developmental disabilities:
• simple, predictable language
• uncluttered illustrations
• reassuring audio narration
• open-ended responses
Children choose the correct answer with an easy one-click response. Back, forward, and repeat arrows provide easy screen navigation. The stories are fully narrated and a friendly “Good job!” reinforces correct responses.
Practice all of these skills in isolation:
• Solving a Problem—answer “what” questions to solve problems
• Cause and Effect—answer a "why" question to determine cause and effect
• Predicting—infer and predict what Buddy Bear is going to do based on the items he has
• Sequencing—identify Buddy Bear’s next step
• Comparing—identify how two items are the same
Tags: buddy bear autism , buddy bear , autism and pdd , buddy bear books autism , questions buddy bear books , ads problem solving , buddy bear reasoning & problem solving lite , buddy bear sequencing , problem solving