Catia V6 Workbench Tutorials
50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
What You Need to Know About CATIA v6
1. Upgrading From Version 5. One of the biggest reasons that companies do not considering upgrading their software to the latest version is potential compatibility options. Fortunately, upgrading from version 5 to version 6 is actually a very simple transition. Catia v6 was designed with nearly a 80% portfolio similarity. This was done specifically to make upgrading from version 5 easy and trouble-free.
2. Online Creation and Collaboration. Catia v6 has been optimized in order to enable concurrent work in real time. This is done through a simple internet connection, even from remote locations. This is considered by many to be a huge breakthrough for companies that are currently utilizing a global engineering and manufacturing strategy. It allows for wide scale IP (Intellectual Property) modeling in a collaborative environment with joint scalability throughout the entire creation process.
3. Using a Single PLM Platform. Catia v6 was natively built on a single PLM platform. This allows for support of IP modeling that spans every engineering discipline and collaborative business processes (CBP) which allows for coverage throughout the entire product life-cycle Since the design data, engineering data, and manufacturing data are all stored within the same base it can accessed in a unified way, thus enhancing multi-dicipline collaboration
4. Creating a Lifelike Experience. Catia v6 was designed to insert 3D into the heart of every company. Users can now experience the product as if it was already created. This was achieved by providing new shaders which creates more realism within the product definition view as well as new working ambiance in regards to the floor, reflections, etc.
Designers will also gain an advantage because Catia v6 is so easy to use that it can quickly be integrated with a variety of daily tasks. Even the most casual users will be able to use the Catia 3DLive interface to find information, experience the product, as well as collaborate with others in a 3D online environment.
5. Creating a Global Collaborative Innovation. Catia 3DLive is a key feature in Catia v6. It creates a 3D portal to allow all actors across the country to access all parts of the product definition. It also has integrated tools specifically to allow online global collaboration as well as instant global collaboration This allows for peer to peer connection with a heads up display style that allows for "drag and drop" ideas, in 3D, between designers. The highly scalable architecture is based upon SOA which allows for simple management of the worldwide product development process.