ClickThai Vocabulary Trainer
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By ClickThai
* Believe it or not, a set of as many as 5854 Thai words with their English meanings are included. There’s no need to add your own vocabulary or to buy any upgrades occurring further cost.
* The carefully selected words are sorted into seven levels according to their importance. So you can be sure that you learn the basic words first and expand and improve your vocabulary gradually.
* From the entire vocabulary, a pool of 100 words or more is available at any time. Only when a word has been learned and removed from the pool, the next one will move up.
* All Thai words are provided with sound so you can listen to them as often as you want. You will learn how to pronounce the words correctly by listening to the studio recordings articulated by a male Thai-speaker, and you will practice understanding spoken Thai at the same time.
* Three different exercise modes are available to learn every word in different aspects.
* Each word is presented repeatedly in a random order before it is deemed to be learned. This, however, requires the word to be recognized properly each time since the counter is set back in steps of two in case of any wrong answer. How often a word is repeated depends on the individual settings for each user (3-15).
* A word once learned and consequently removed from the pool is still available in a check list. You can look into this list from time to time and check out if you still know the word. If not so, you can store it back into the pool in order to learn it again.
* The integrated dictionary knows all Thai words of the training area. Since it contains the definitely most important words of the Thai language, you will be able to find and use these words quickly even if you haven’t learned them yet.
* An unlimited number of students can use the program independently.
We have decided to use the multiple-choice procedure for the exercises because it admittedly offers basic benefits. If you are not yet familiar with the actual word, it is by all means legitimate to find out the right answer by excluding the alternatives. The main thing for the user is to be concerned with the displayed alternatives. In order to be able to exclude one, you will have to consider it well.
Of course, it is possible to display the meaning of a word still unknown while doing the exercise (by tapping the “Show” button), however, by losing the possibility of tapping the correct answer this time. Obtaining this option is only rendered possible again when this word is randomly presented next time. The word selected at any time as well as the alternatives for the correct answer are always shown incidentally and vary from presentation to presentation. This is achieved by presenting the words available in the pool by coincidence so that they can be learned interrelatedly.
Reading the Thai script is not subject-matter of this trainer, but can be trained by the way in case the necessary fundaments have already been laid. To assist the Thai reading, the transcription of a Thai word can be turned off so that you may not be tempted to read it instead of the Thai script. Writing the Thai script is, however, not necessary in this program and is not supported.
Corrections in database, rare crash problem fixed.