Coursera On The Go
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Recently, online education gets more and more value and therefore, it must be available on the go. Each minute of your free time you could spend on learning. Using this application you'll be able to learn new things using only device and internet. It offers access to hundreds of educational videos on different themes. This application will support multiple content providers in the future, but now it supports only Coursera.org provider.
*** IN VIDEO QUIZZES AND UNIQUE FLOATING VIDEO VIEW ADDED. Watch lectures and browse Internet at the same time!***
The MOST interesting goes BELOW!
What's the difference between free and paid versions ?
Paid version has:
1) unlimited concurrent lectures download (max defined by underlying OS system);
2) supports streaming subtitles
3) do homework;
4) no ads
5) take quizzes online
6) take in-video quizzes
7) unique floating homescreen lectures video
==== Key features: ====
- take in-video quizzes
- watch lectures on homescreen
- download PDF resourses
- play lectures one by one in a list
- lock screen orientation
- play lectures in background
- add lecture notes
- lectures autosync feature. It allows you to set up notifications if new lectures for a specific subject are available for downloading. Configurable sync interval allows you to be notified about new avaliable lecture as soon as it gets published on Coursera.org site
- implemented deep scan algorithm for courses which don't have download links (High Performance Scientific Computing etc.)
- enroll in new courses
- use forum and take quizzes out-of-the-box
- offline Coursera video support
- Coursera streaming video support (long press on item)
- subscribed Coursera courses info (university, start - end dates, finished or current course etc.)
- up to 3 simultaneous downloads
- status bar download progress notifications
- possibility to cancel downloads
- automatically resumes download after connection lost
- videos will be resumed at the last position
- click on finished notification starts the video
- possibility to download the whole course literally by 5 taps
- subtitles for donwloaded videos are supported
- possibility to resume cancelled donwload
- full blown features support starting from Android 2.2
- download and browse attached PDF files.
- social links. Go social!
Q: I cannot play video.
A: Some devices are not capable of playing Coursera video by default. You should install external video player to overcome this issue. For instance you should be fine with Mobo player.
Q: I cannot log in.
A: Try log out and then log in again. Alternatively try reinstall the application. As a last resort you should try to change your password for Coursera account.
Q: How can I attach subtitles for external player streaming video?
A: Find "Open subtitles" option in your favourite player and add subtitles from sdcard->Android->data->com.realex->files->cache, here you should select required course and week.
Q: I cannot load course contents.
A: If your internet connection is slow (the real speed in current circumstances), sometimes you won't be able to load course list at the first time. Just hit Refresh and courses should be loaded.
Q: How can I turn Autosync lectures feature on ?
A: The Autosunc lectures feature can be turned on at course list window by long pressing the course or by selecting corresponding option in the menu.
##If you have any suggestions regarding improvement please contact me! Let's make this soft the best together.##
Key words: Coursera, Coursera Online, Online Free Course, Massive Online Open Courseware, Open Courseware, Free Courseware, Online Lecture Videos, Coursera On The Go.
Tags: coursera on the go.
- added autodownload feature for autosync subjects (beta). The feature is ON by default, see Settings;
- fixed bug with Video subtitles
- fixed other reported bugs
- performance optimized