Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Fun method to learn
- Practice reminders
- Rank system
- 6 languages available to learn
- Difficulty should get further
+ By Duolingo
This is the official Android app of the well-known language learning web platform
Duolingo is quite popular on the web. For a long time, thousands (millions?) of users have followed its method to improve their language skills. Now, the service is also available from mobile devices which is aimed to make even easier a daily routine for language learning.
Just in case you haven't one, you need to create an account in Duolingo to gain access. You can do it from the app in a few steps. After that, you'll get to Duolingo's dashboard that will guide you from the basics to the advanced level of the language you choose to learn. By now, you can learn
Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and English. Totally free. Doesn't it sound awesome?
Duolingo features translation, listening, sorting and vocabulary exercises and a final test to check if you've got the concepts. Lessons are themed in order to help you learn vocabulary in a comprehensive way. In addition, grammar difficulty increases gradually which guarantees no one is left behind. Anyway, lessons can be repeated as many times as you want and, since exercises are randomly generated, you'll always be challenged until the concepts are reinforced. Learn at your own pace.
If you find basics too easy, you can always jump to a "shortcut test". If you pass it, previous lessons will be unlocked and you will be able to start advanced levels. Anyway, users with medium-advanced language skills won't find it extremely difficult. Think Duolingo as the entrance gate to a new language instead of a service to get Proficiency level.
• Google Play's "Best of the Best" 2013.
• "Among apps for learning or practicing a language, you can't beat Duolingo." —PC Magazine. Awarded Editors' Choice for Language Learning.
• "Far and away the best free language-learning app." —The Wall Street Journal
• "We’ve also tried a few other methods such as book learning and Rosetta Stone, both of which bombed. That’s why I jumped at the chance to try Duolingo. And believe me, it’s addictive." —FluentIn3Months.com
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
• It's free, for real. No fees, no ads, no gimmicks. A college-quality education without the price tag.
• It's fun. Lose hearts for answering incorrectly, advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
• It's constantly improving. We bust out the lab coats regularly and measure how well you learn on Duolingo. Your learning experience only gets better over time.
If you want to learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, or English, the fast, fun, and free way, there's no better choice than Duolingo.
Send any feedback to email@example.com
Buy Duolingo gear at http://gear.duolingo.com
Use Duolingo on the Web at http://www.duolingo.com
World domination continues. We've added courses for learning English from Greek, Korean, Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese, as well as a French course for German speakers and a German course for Spanish speakers.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
It has nothing fun please add some game option to make people want to learn more
Great app! :-)
Great for languages
It is very nice application
Two thumbs up!!!!
You do learn