This is an application to compute and simulate astronomical events. A tool for astronomy lovers that allows to know in a simple way the general and local circumstances for solar and lunar eclipses and planetary transits.
Which futur eclipses will be visible from my location? And from the antipodes? What they will be like? How long will they last? And in the past, how many eclipses have there been? All these and many other questions about both, eclipses and planetary transits, are answered with this tool. Now, all the information about these events in your mobile thanks to this application.
This applicaction has the support of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Institut d'Estudis Espacials de Catalunya and Universitat de Barcelona.
* Access to data of all solar and lunar eclipses and planetary transits between 1900 and 2100.
* Computation of general circumstances of the phenomenon, including global visibility maps.
* Computation of the local circumstances of the phenomenon for any place in the world (beginning, end, duration, altitude of the Sun or Moon above the horizon, ...)
* Simulation of the phenomenon from your observational point.
* Choice of observation place from a data base, manually or from the GPS coordinates.
* Available in English, Catalan and Spanish.
Tags: eclipse calculator , calculator built using eclipse , eclipse calculator code , calculator eclipse