Explore Baltimore Heritage
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By DXY Solutions LLC
Explore Baltimore Heritage is a collaborative project with stories developed by Baltimore Heritage staff and volunteers. Explore Baltimore Heritage partners include the Baltimore Museum of Industry, Enoch Pratt Free Library - Maryland’s State Library Resource Center, the Maryland Historical Society, the University of Baltimore Langsdale Library Special Collections, the UMBC Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery Special Collections and others. For more information about these collaborations visit the project's website: http://explore.baltimoreheritage.org/.
• Interactive map with over 50 geo-located stories (and growing!)
• Historic images
• Oral history audio
• Documentary videos (Coming soon!)
• Directions to each site using Google Maps
• Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, and email
• Search stories and browse tours or use the map to see nearby points of interest
• Historical content: Baltimore Heritage Incorporated and its partners.
• Project Director: Eli Pousson, Baltimore Heritage Incorporated.
• Explore Baltimore Heritage is powered by Curatescape (mobilehistorical.org), a mobile interpretive tool developed by the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University.
• The concept & technical development of Curatescape is led by Dr. Mark Tebeau & the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities.
• Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
• Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
Copyright 2012 Curatescape: Dr. Mark Tebeau and Center for Public History + Digital Humanities. Explore Baltimore Heritage content & stories: Baltimore Heritage under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States (CC BY-SA 3.0).
Fixed Android 2.3 item descriptions bug and updated link formatting.