FlexiDict Offline Dictionary
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
FlexiDict is a universal android offline dictionary that supports StarDict dictionary format.
New features: POPUP MODE and ebook reader integration, please read below
It's the best all-in-one android offline dictionary on the Google Play
• First and only dictionary on market that support always on-top popup window mode
• Dictionaries work offline, no internet needed
• Word looking-up is instant
• Free dictionary data are available for downloading on Google Play and internet.
• Supports popup mode: dictionaries now can be displayed in a small on-top windows that allow quick searching word while doing other works, such as reading ebooks or surfing web.
- Extremely useful on devices with large screen such as Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Note II, HTC One X.., or tablets such as Google Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Asus Transformer, Acer Iconia Tab... But also useful for devices with smaller screen
- Popup window can be resized or moved around screen
- Popup window automatically collapses on lost focus and expands on get focus that optimize screen's space for underlay application
• Supports quick search from popular ebook readers, such as FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
- Both full screen mode and popup mode support integration from ebook readers.
• Supports StarDict compatible dictionary
• Supports dictdata from other dictionary apps, such as ColorDict, GoldenDict
• Words suggestion
• Saves search history
• Choose dictionaries to search, re-order dictionaries in search result
• Different dictionaries are displayed in different colors
• Text-to-speech to pronounce words
• Voice recognition for faster input
• Support dictionary resource (accompanied images and sounds)
• Enable pin-to-system-bar to support quick lookup from other apps: just copy words to lookup and touch on FlexiDict icon in notification bar. This mode is disable by default, to enable it, please go to Settings screen.
Supported E-Book Readers:
• Moon+ Reader
• Cool Reader
• ezPDF Reader
Download dictionary data
• Search for "flexidict dictdata" from Google Play store and install dictionaries you need
• From internet: download StarDict data file (.dict/.dict.dz, .ifo and .idx) from internet and copy them to "flexidict" folder on your sdcard root
Data available on Google Play: currently seen a lot of dictdata from 3rd party on Google Play, such as:
• Oxford Advanced Learners' Dictionary
• Concise Oxford English Dictionary
• Longman Contemporary English Dictionary
• English Vietnamese Dictionary
• French Vietnamese Dictionary
• Collins Thesaurus
• American Heritage Dictionary
• Wordnet Offline Dictionary
• Chinese Vietnamese Dictionary
• Cambridge Advanced Learners' Dictionary
• Collins Cobuild English Dictionary
• Korean-Vietnamese Dictionary
• American Idioms 2nd Edition Dictionary
• English Dialects Dictionary
• Russian Vietnamese Dictionary
• any more...
All dictionaries work offline (search very fast)
• This app is ads supported, this helps us to keep the application free and create other useful free apps.
• Dictionary, Translate, StarDict, FlexiDict, Offline Dictionary, Android dictionary
Tags: flexidict 2013, flexidict offline dictionary, how to remove ads from flexidict, flexidict, flexidict.2013, flexidict oxford english dictionary part 1, que es el popup mode diccionario oxford, oxford collocation flexidict, flexidict2013.
FlexiDict app and all dict data can be also downloaded from DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ppfw4dq169qt3o9/xHfSsbuGT_
- Bug fixes
- Less ads