Find interesting people, places and events in Geauga County's history, and take historical tours of the region. Each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map is an interpretive story that includes historical information about the site along with historic images from various regional archives and historical publications. Many sites also include short documentary videos or audio clips based on expert research or oral history interviews.
Geauga Historical is a collaborative project with interpretive stories developed by volunteers and staff at the Century Village Museum and Geauga County Historical Society, both in Burton, Ohio. You can find more information about Century Village on the web at: http://centuryvillagemuseum.org/.
• Interactive map with more than 75 geo-located stories and topics (at launch)
• Historic images
• Oral history audio
• Documentary videos
• Directions to each site using Google Maps
• Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, and email
• Search stories and browse tours or use the map to see nearby points of interest
• Historical content: Century Village Museum.
• Geauga Historical is powered by Curatescape (mobilehistorical.org), a mobile interpretive tool developed by the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University.
• The concept & technical development of Curatescape was lead by Dr. Mark Tebeau, of the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities. Key funders include Cleveland State University's Department of History, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Research Office, and Provost.
• Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
• Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
Copyright 2012 Curatescape: Dr. Mark Tebeau and Cleveland State University. Geauga Historical content & stories: Century Village Museum.