Graphing Calculator by Mathlab
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
Also in : Calculator
- It does whatever you may need
- Smooth UI
- No complaints
+ By Mathlab Apps, LLC
A comprehensive scientific calculator app
Yes, your droid comes with a calculator and you might even already have an additional calculator app. However, if you are surviving high school or are in any scientific degree in college, those toy calculators aren't enough. You need to solve quadratic equations and polynomials and vectors and matrixes and draw graphs and all that odd Math stuff we mere mortals can't understand. Perhaps you need to save it all and bring it with you to your PC.
Graphing Calculator is an insanely complete app, thought for helping any need any algebra student may need. It also comes with a smooth interface and a supporting website and email address.
This free version is ad-supported and can't be run offline.
Furthermore, Graphing Calculator by Mathlab displays calculations as it performs them on the high-quality display of the Android device, making it easier for the user to understand the calculations and see them clearly. This app has two great strengths. First, it acts as a fine scientific calculator, but, more than that, it displays the intermediate steps of the calculations as you type. It allows the students to both watch and learn how the calculations are made and how to find the final answer. Second, the graphing ability is absolutely stunning! Not only does the calculator beautifully display the graphs, but it automatically generates the x- and y- values and displays them as well.
Free version requires internet connection and contains ads! Upgrade to PRO!
Help site with instructions and examples: http://help.mathlab.us
If you have a question, send email to email@example.com
* arithmetic expressions +,-,*,/,÷
* square root, cube and higher roots (hold root key)
* exponent, logarithms (ln, log)
* trigonometric functions sin p/2, cos 30°, ...
* hyperbolic functions sinh, cosh, tanh, ... (hold "e" key to switch)
* inverse functions (hold direct function key)
* complex numbers, all functions support complex arguments
* derivatives sin x' = cos x, ... (hold x^n key)
* scientific notation (enable in menu)
* percent mode
* save/load history
* multiple functions graphing
* implicit functions up to 2nd degree (ellipse 2x^2+3y^2=1, etc.)
* polar graphs (r=cos2?)
* parametric functions, enter each on new line (x=cos t, y=sin t)
* function roots and critical points on a graph, tap legend to turn on and off (top left corner), use menu to display as a list
* graph intersections (x^2=x+1)
* tracing function values and slopes
* scrollable and resizable graphs
* pinch to zoom
* fullscreen graphs in landscape orientation
* function tables
* save graphs as images
* save tables as csv
* simple and complex fractions 1/2 + 1/3 = 5/6
* mixed numbers, use space to enter values 3 1/2
* linear equations x+1=2 -> x=1
* quadratic equations x^2-1=0 -> x=-1,1
* approximate roots of higher polynomials
* systems of linear equations, write one equation per line, x1+x2=1, x1-x2=2
* polynomial long division
* polynomial expansion, factoring
* matrix and vector operations
* dot product (hold *), cross product
* determinant, inverse, norm, transpose, trace
* user defined constants and functions (PRO)
* save/load expressions
2D scatter plots, enter coordinates in square brackets [0 1 2 3], select checkbox to show linear regression.
New functions min(), max(), gcd(), lcm(), mod(), round(), ceil(), floor(), trunc(), enter from latin keyboard.
Best I have found. Brilliant for keeping ahead of my kids' homework questions.
So useful for my calculus classes. Highly recommended!
I am really impressed with this app. I've tried lots of calculators, both graphing and not. This one quickly became my favorite
It took me a minute to figure it out, but once I did it worked great for most of my math problems.
Great calculator for my reintroduction to Calculus after about 20 years. While it doesn't do the entire problem and enter the answer for me, it does almost everything else. (p.s. the second sentence is a joke. The calculator is outstanding. I was just joking that to do more, it would have to read the problem before answering it and writing that answer down on my paper for me)
Dis exactly what I need. Lots of flexibility. Super helpful. Great app.
I have used the graph calculator in doing the high school math practice and it worked great