GRE Vocabulary Expert
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Wordlist with word, meaning and example sentece
- Three different types of practice
- Quiz test
- Enter new words to the list manually
- Words can't be shared
- Needs different levels
+ By Mayank Kurra
GRE Vocabulary Expert will help improve your English language skills by practicing and testing words and definitions
You know it: practice makes perfect. The more you practice, the better you'll be in anything but, especially, in languages. GRE Vocabulary Expert is a useful tool to help you get GRE and other certificates (CAT, TOEFL, SAT...) or just to improve your English skills. It provides an alphabetic list of words and its definition, practice exercises and tests.
Thus, from the search bar you can enter the starting letter to view a list of words you'll need to know to pass GRE test. What's more, you can also tap "Quiz" to learn in a more dynamically way. There are 3 kind of practice exercises: "Alphabetic Practice" (enter Alphabet letter to practice only words starting from that letter), "General Practice" (randomly chosen words) and "Favorite Words Practice" (practice with all those words you've favorited previously). The latter is especially useful to practice new words: favorite all the new words you've learnt and choose the "Favorite Words Practice" to etch it in your mind forever.
Obviously, when you feel ready, you can give a test. You can select the time for the test (2, 5, 7 and 10 minutes), but words will show up randomly. Scores will be kept in the "history" section, so you can check how good you did in previous tests. Finally, you can enter new words and update the word list by inputting the word, the meaning and the example sentence.
The app is quite complete regarding features, but it needs some styling, design is too sober. Besides, a recommended app.
It’s a free vocabulary application with 4800+ frequently occurring English words to improve your English Language.
• A comprehensive tool designed for learning & testing English on the go!
• Three modes to learn the GRE vocabulary/GRE wordlist -
1) Alphabetical Word: Learn words, their meanings word by word.
2) Test yourself: Detailed score and test walk-through options available.
- Ability to save completed test and scorecard for later review.
- Summary gives you a birds-eye view of all questions.
3) Practice Sessions: Learn while practicing
-Where one can also learn words and their meanings.
4) View words as flash Cards
5) Multi-choice questions quiz
6) Tough words with examples
• Browse words alphabetically, sequentially, randomly. You can even star the words as favorite that you find are important/difficult & revise them on demand.
• Easy to use and effective user Interface.
• Wi-Fi or Data Connection not mandatory
• Extremely light-weight
Very useful to learn GRE vocabulary/GRE wordlist/English Vocabulary/English Wordlist.
What's in this version:
Improved screen buttons particularly for less resolution screens.
Settings option to enable/disable sounds
Settings to increase/decrease test speed
Gre Vocab, Gre Vocabulary, Gre Words, Gre Wordlist, Gre Flash Card, Gre preparation, English Vocabulary, English Words, English Wordlist, Gre Mnemonics
Now you can practice just your favourite marked words.
if you want to add/update the words & their meanings and sentences in the wordlist then you do it immediately & very easily.
Now you can see your entire performance.
Go to the history option & then browse through the words that you have marked. :)
Also this is customizable. Go to the Settings to get to know more how you can do it!!
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Now as it allows u to practice your fav words it is good but after some time it dont works
Really helpful app for anyone and everyone who want to improve their word power...simple interface..though it sometimes crashes :)
Helping me to do words in a smooth way. This app can be used any time while doing anything words get booked in your mind (:
Quiz option hepls to revise to maximum extent
Good word list but I'd like to see some more difficult words... For which the meanings are harder to deduce...