A walking tour and so much more! This app puts the rich history and beauty of Green-Wood at your fingertips. Green-Wood was founded in 1838, but in its almost two centuries of existence, visitors have never experienced Green-Wood like this before. The variety and depth of information here, historic and current photos, plus the audio clips give the user a truly unique experience. Discover Green-Wood's majestic arches, the memorial to the Brooklyn Theatre Fire, the story of the Beecher-Tilton scandal, Battle Hill and New York City's Civil War Monument, as just a few of the highlights among the 40 stops created exclusively by Green-Wood staff for this app.
- Over 200 images from Green-Wood's collections and archives, featuring original architectural drawings, rare 19th-century photos, and vivid nature and monument photography.
- Audio clips, including an original reading by Brooklyn writer Pete Hamill, music excerpts, and much more.
- Videos from Battle Hill of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline, plus clips of Green-Wood’s famous Monk Parakeets.
- Detailed descriptions of each stop written by Green-Wood's historian Jeff Richman, including sidebars of other notable context, stories, and photos.
- Options to enjoy all 40 stops along the tour, in order, or in any arrangement desired.
- Choices to select specific themed tours, including Architecture, Interesting Inscriptions, Then and Now Photographs, Sculpture and Civil War.
Tags: greenwood cemetery brooklyn apps , greenwood discover , app green- wood cemetery brooklyn by pete hamill
from 5 reviews