10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @AppsZoom
I created Kana Mind for myself, but decided to share it with others. That's why it's a free application.
Kana mind is not a simple matching or flash card game. It uses an intelligent memorization algorithm focused on teaching character combinations, and then measuring the player's success in matching each combination. As you progress through the game, the symbols become more and more difficult.
Kana Mind will also remember how much time you've spent away from the application, and take that into account when testing you. This makes sure you haven't forgotten any of the matches you had learned previously.
For those looking to learn Japanese, Kana Mind tracks your progress letting you check your stats at any time. Can you get to the end and reach 100% proficiency in Kana knowledge? And for those who already know Japanese, Kana Mind is the best way to retain Kana fluency - playing the game once a week is great to keep your memory fresh.
With Kana Mind, you’ll learn both alphabets before you even realize it!
• Two modes: learn reading and/or writing
• Learn the complete Hiragana and/or Katakana alphabet
• Store multiple player profiles if you share your decide with someone else
• 3 different romaji styles: Hepburn (recommended), Nippon-shiki, and Kunrei-shiki
• Groups of characters (including historical symbols) can be toggled on or off for more focused exercises
• Free application: no ads, no personal user data collection.
But remember: Kana Mind is not a complete Japanese language course. It will only help you memorize Kana and Japanese romanization in an easy and quick way, but since it doesn't teach you Japanese grammar or vocabulary, it's intended to be used as an aid to an ongoing Japanese course.
Read more about the motivations behind Kana Mind here:
Thanks to Marc Luscher for suggestions and great ideas. Also thanks to our reviewers for comments and suggestions.
• The application requires "Internet Access" permission. This is a byproduct of being compiled as an standalone Adobe AIR application and, unfortunately, it cannot be removed. Sorry about that. However, the application doesn't actually use Internet for anything; feel free to block this feature if your system allows you to do so.
COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS? QUESTIONS?
If you have suggestions, questions or bug reports, please send an email to zeh at zehfernando.com.
And thanks so much to our kind reviewers! I'm glad you're enjoying the application as much as I am.
Tags: penkana penalty, kana mind, kana mind for i phone.
* Fixed bug that would cause the tooltips to show every time a game was started