KiwiDict offline multilingual dictionary and thesaurus based on the English Wiktionary.
* There are entries in 742 languages from the English Wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org).
* Free, ad-free, and open-source.
* Dictionary stored on SD card (works offline).
* Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (% and _ symbols).
The following information extracted from the English Wiktionary:
* part of speech,
* meaning / definition,
* semantic relations (synonymy, antonymy, hypernymy, hyponymy, meronymy, holonymy, coordinate term, otherwise related).
You download the dictionary to the SD card the first time you launch the app.
It is possible to download the dictionary file manually. Download http://code.google.com/p/wikokit/downloads/detail?name=enwikt20111008_android_sqlite.7z and unzip to SD card in the folder /kiwidict/ Then run application.
This program is dedicated to Nataly.
KiwiDict is open source: http://code.google.com/p/wikokit/
P.S. Dear native speakers! If you can translate this text into your native language, please, translate and send me text. It helps peoples from your countries to install this dictionary.
P.P.S. Dear English native speakers! Feel free to correct my errors in English at this page :) Thank you!
We thank Sergey Krizhanovsky for translation this text into Deutsch.
This software is quite impossible without the hard work of many Wiktionary lexicographers. Wiktionary - the dictionary to rule them all :)
If you are willing to help with the translation of the program to your language - please contact us, we will make the program better together!
Tags: open source offline dictionary , opensource dictionary , open source dictionary , словари open source , dictionary open source , dictonary open source , magneto dictionary , offline wörterbuch , dictionary source codespeech