Learn languages with busuu
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Not recommended for tablets
- Some exercises don't make sense
Browse through the units and do the exercises
Learn English with busuu.com is an android application based on the website with the same name, in which you can practise your English from a beginner level to an advanced intermediate level.
In the main menu, you can choose to start a Course by tapping on Course Selection. Then, you can choose the level and start with the units. Each unit has 3 sections: the first one, with pictures and small explanatory texts about the main topic, a dialogue between people and some questions regarding it and finally a review, in which you can answer questions that cover everything you've seen in the previous sections. You can also choose to listen to the text instead of reading it, or doing both at the same time.
Back to main menu, you can continue your course right where you left it or choose to overview the mistakes you made during the tasks you were given, which is rather useful.
The main disadvantages of this learning application are the following two: firstly, in tablet devices you can't see the complete questions: you only see a part of them and it's kind of hard to do some of the exercises. Second of all, some of the units are paid features and you need to buy them on the market, so not everything's free. Finally, some of the exercises don't make sense, as it asks you to match a sentence with its translation and all the sentences are in English.
Useful application for English learners, but it should be fixed for those using a tablet and some of the exercises should be reviewed. Maybe they could add an extra level for kids who don't know anything about English but like to play around with their parent's devices.
PC Magazine’s “Best Free Language Learning App 2013”
1) Learn key words and phrases
2) Practise what you learned with native speakers
3) Take a trip! Pass your exam! Get promoted!
What am I going to learn?
- Over 150 everyday topics containing over 3,000 words and phrases.
- Quality courses based on the CEFR, a recognised framework for language learning.
- Language feedback from native speakers.
- 11 languages in one app! English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Chinese.
- Listening, reading, writing and speaking practice.
How does busuu work?
1. Learn the basics with a variety of learning activities including: vocabulary and grammar lessons, audio dialogues, and interactive tests.
2. Submit practice exercises to our community where native speakers will help you perfect your skills.
3. Test your knowledge with a fun quiz to see how much you have learned.
This method works! But don’t take our word for it, here are some of our reviews:
"This application is really great to learn. I love the correction by natives, practising with native speakers for free. Super app”
"This is better than my Rosetta Stone Spanish! It is more fun and it is free as opposed to the 500 plus dollars I paid for RS. I highly recommend this app!!"
"The application is simply super, languages are taught like a game! Very helpful comments from other users on your exercises. Bought a Premium package without hesitation!"
Convinced? Stop reading, download, and start learning a language today!
* Reminders to help you keep up with your learning
* Ability to see which lessons you have downloaded
* Improved exercises to boost your learning experience
* Minor bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
The app is very good. My only criticism with the content is that they give you too much new vocab in each unit. Also, the app rice only pays for access to all the units by phone. It doesn't give you access to the same units on the website.
Also useful and accurate. As a french major student I recommend this app. Have fun
Really sweet app it helps a lot
This app is amazing! Just in Love with it! :3
Awsome app to learn, really easy to use.