Learn Portuguese with busuu
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Not recommended for tablets
+ By busuu Limited
Browse through the units and do the exercises
Learn Portuguese with busuu.com is an android application based on the website with the same name, in which you can practise your Portuguese from a beginner level to an advanced intermediate level.
In the main menu, you can choose to start a Course by tapping on Course Selection. Then, you can choose the level and start with the units. Each unit has 3 sections: the first one, with pictures and small explanatory texts about the main topic, a dialogue between people and some questions regarding it and finally a review, in which you can answer questions that cover everything you've seen in the previous sections. You can also choose to listen to the text instead of reading it, or doing both at the same time.
Back to main menu, you can continue your course right where you left it or choose to overview the mistakes you made during the tasks you were given, which is rather useful.
The main disadvantages of this learning application are the following two: firstly, in tablet devices you can't see the complete questions: you only see a part of them and it's kind of hard to do some of the exercises. Second of all, some of the units are paid features and you need to buy them on the market, so not everything's free.
Useful application for Portuguese learners, but it should be fixed for those using a tablet and some of the exercises should be reviewed. Maybe they could add an extra level for kids who don't know anything about Portuguese but like to play around with their parent's devices.
PC Magazine’s “Best Free Language Learning App 2013”
1) Learn key words and phrases
2) Practise what you learned with native speakers
3) Take a trip! Pass your exam! Get promoted!
What am I going to learn?
- Over 150 everyday topics containing over 3,000 words and phrases.
- Quality courses based on the CEFR, a recognised framework for language learning:
- Language feedback from native speakers.
- Portuguese Listening, reading, writing and speaking practice.
How does busuu work?
1. Learn the basics with a variety of learning activities including: vocabulary and grammar lessons, audio dialogues, and interactive tests.
2. Submit practice exercises to our community where native speakers will help you perfect your skills.
3. Test your knowledge with a fun quiz to see how much you have learned.
This method works! But don’t take our word for it, check out some of our recent reviews:
“Better then Rosetta Stone!
This app is better then any other program not only because it offers the best ways to learn a language, it allows people to speak to native speakers. This program is huge and allows a person to learn at their own pace. The cost of this program seems like it should be 200, but is offered for less then a x-box game. I have used it for over 2 years now and I can say it is the best.”
I have tried so many language learning apps on here and this one really is the best. I generally refuse to spend money on in-app purchases but this is well worth paying for the full version. Definitely 5 stars. If you want to learn a language then this is the app to download!”
“Definitely the best language training application”
"This application is really great to learn. I love the correction by natives, practising with native speakers for free. Super app”
"This is better than my Rosetta Stone Portuguese! It is more fun and it is free as opposed to the 500 plus dollars I paid for RS. I highly recommend this app!!"
"The application is simply super, languages are taught like a game! Very helpful comments from other users on your exercises. Bought a Premium package without hesitation!"
Convinced? Stop reading, download, and start learning Portuguese today!
It’s our biggest content update ever!
* Beautiful new interface: Enjoy our new navigation and designs
* New course material: Work your way through our new objective-based course structure, designed to help you reach your personal goals
* Bitesize chunks: Learn in short bursts, with lessons which are the perfect length to fit into your busy lifestyle
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Please,make apps so for Turkish & English :) then I will give u 5 stars
Best app to learn Portuguese
I like that I can do one lesson in a short break in my day. Each lesson or segment targets listening, reading, and writing, and does so in a way that one can be successful. It's a good way to get daily exposure to the language. I like that there's a lot of lessons, with a good breadth of topics, not just the usual travel scenarios. Also, the lessons generally have vocabulary ranging from basic to
This app makes learning easy and fun. I love it, and it running smoothly on my HTC OneX.