Learn To Read
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Corvid Apps
- Option for a very simple print based font, meaning the letters look like the letters they are taught to write.
- Option for a font called OpenDyslexic that some people with dyslexia find easier to read.
- The font is made as large as possible so that the child’s finger can point at each letter as they sound it out.
- The verses are alliterative and/or rhyming to promote phonemic awareness.
- The child is asked to find the target word on a screen of words that sound and are spelled similarly. The puzzles encourage the child to look for patterns in the words to find the correct answer.
- The book has both phonetic and sight words.
- There are sixteen target words for a total of 64 pages.
- The target words are Cat, Dog, Cow, Baby, Duck, Dino, Pig, Truck, Bug, Rose, Slug, Vase, Boat, Nail, Tree and Moon.
- There is a read-to-me button that can be removed through an options menu.
Learn To Read helps achieve the following Common Core Standards
RF.K.2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
- Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- Distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ
ABOUT CORVID APPS:
My name is Laura and I am a mother and independent app developer. I am working hard to offer a large collection of fun, unique, educational kid’s apps. If you like my app please leave a positive review. If you have a problem or are unsatisfied please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to rectify the situation. Visit my website and blog at www.corvidapps.com for more information about this app and information on learning with technology.
Tags: learn to read apps, learning to read apps, androiid learn to sead apps, learn to read tablet apps for aults, learn to read.
- Added new animations
- Added a choice of a new font called OpenDyslexic, that some people with dyslexia find easier to read