Kaltura MediaSpaceTM is a market leading social video portal that empowers your organization/institution with online video. Users can create, search, browse, watch and share videos, video presentations, screencasts, and other rich media content. The application brings together rich media contributors, viewers, content, knowledge, and conversations in a controlled channel-based environment.
The Kaltura MediaSpaceTM mobile application brings the powerful capabilities of your existing web-based video portal to your iPhone/iPad, with an optimized experience for your specific device:
- Create: Capture videos on-the-go, add/edit metadata, and publish on the desired channel/category
- Multitask: Upload videos while performing other tasks on your device – no need to wait
- Discover: Find exactly what you are looking for whenever you need it with powerful search features
- Moderate: Approve/reject contributed content as soon as it becomes available
- Participate: Engage with video content on the-go anytime, including liking, commenting, and sharing.
- Access: log into the mobile app using the same credential as your web-based MediaSpace portal, with the same permissions and entitlements.
- Evolving mobile capabilities: we are constantly adding unique features including the ability to watch videos offline on your iPhone/iPad when internet access is not available, live broadcasting directly from your device, and many other capabilities to empower you with video on the go. Stay tuned!
Great, how do I start using the app?
-Verify with your administration that access to the mobile app is enabled for your institution
-Download the app to your Android device. You can experiment with the included demo account
-When you log in for the first time please enter your organization’s video portal URL, before entering your standard credentials.
-Contact your Kaltura Customer Success Manager to verify the following requirements:
-Your organization is using MediaSpace 5.0 or a later version.
-The HTML5 library used by your site is of version 2.0 or a later version
-Your MediaSpace "Native" custom module is enabled (this is a paid feature)