My Legal Writing Coach™: Memos is a unique tool for newer lawyers, law students (including students in internships, externships, clinical experiences, or clerkships), and others who want to improve their legal memo writing efficiency and quality. The app shows you how to draft a predictive or objective legal memo and leads you through the memo writing process, offering practical, real-world strategies for getting your work done.
What's special about My Legal Writing Coach™: Memos?
This app provides guidance on how to research and write a legal memo, including alternatives for organizing, structuring, formatting, and editing.
* Structural Templates give a step-by-step outline for organizing memo components and drafting content.
* Quality Control Tips show how to improve the quality of your memo project.
* Ethics Advisories describe the ethical implications of writing memos.
* Time Savers give tips on how to do your work more efficiently.
* A section on e-mail describes how to adapt a memo for e-mail communication.
* Personalizable research and writing checklists accompany the instructional content.
* Annotated Sample Memos provide full-text examples of legal memos with explanations.
* Cross References to commonly used legal research and writing textbooks are provided as a source for more information.
* Notetaking tools allow users to record their thoughts and ideas as well as key content.
* An Interactive Table of Contents provides an alternative tool for navigation.
Praise for My Legal Writing Coach™: Memos
"An app like this is overdue. The content is right on!"
Clinical Professor of Law
Arizona State University
"This is a unique app that calls your attention to ethics and gives you control over your legal writing."
Professor of Legal Writing
Suffolk University Law School
"This app is an excellent tool for law students and new lawyers. I would recommend it to my own students."
Adjunct Professor of Law
St. Pete College
Visiting Assistant Professor of Legal Skills
Stetson University College of Law
"My Legal Writing Coach: Memos is an exciting new resource that offers practical tips, useful examples, and indispensable checklists."
Lecturer in the Practice of Law and Legal Writing
Yale Law School
"Dr. Davis provides an ideal tool for law students, law clerks, and the next generation of lawyers. The Quality Control Tips, Time Savers, and Checklists will help writers deliver a superior work product."
--Rosario Lozada Schrier
Assistant Professor, Legal Skills and Values
Florida International University College of Law
Tags: legal memo outline , writing a memo , examples of college memos , script format legal memo , how to write a legal memo , memo to students , examples of memos