1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Free, just one ad (NASA ad, of course)
- Stratospheric app.
- What about a NASA widget?
+ By NASA
The Official NASA App for Android
The official NASA app is, first off, a clear wink to Android, as it's been launched for Android before iOs or whatever else.
As it couldn't be otherwise, it has a galaxy of features. Some of them are quite basic such Twitter and News feeding, while others are amazing as NASA TV or the possibility of setting as a wallpaper any featured pic we found. By pic we mean those high-res incredible pics that NASA has used us, and this app comes from more than five thousand.
This app also allows access to all launch schedules and current mission status (current mission includes the Voyager, of which its last update was in late April...wow.)
This app's also a nice goodbye to our beloved space shuttles. Farewell Atlantis (moved).
Anyway, enough reviewing. Here's our advice: download it, install it and discover all it has to offer. You won't be disappointed.
- Over 13,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- NASA TV and what's on your TV schedules
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
-Added Earth as Art image collection and interactive map to the featured section
-Added ISS tracking map and next visible pass to the HDEV video stream in the TV & Radio section
-Automatic wallpaper service issues resolved and now available again, also enhanced with ability to set more times to update
-Added visible passes for other missions, in addition to the ISS
-Added ability to manually input location and not use location services
-Visible pass notification fixes & various other bug fixes
This is awesome
World peace loved it
Very lovely, that is what i wanted